Introduction

Carin Haste is a 21 years old woman with no family. For the last 4 years she has been taking care of herself. Things were never easy. Still in high school when her last relative passed away, she was left alone to fend for herself. Thrown into the system at age 17, she soon found out that the world was a much harsher place than she imagined.

She has been working in a diner ever since her graduation. Even though her job hadn't much future in it, it did help her to make the ends each month. Until demons from the past started crawling back, nipping at her ankles, trying to pull her back in.

Falcon Hernandez, a 28 years old man. Running his own business as a tattoo artist for the last 8 years. Being on the wrong side of twenty, he realizes it's time to settle down, start a life that has future in it. But who would want to be with a man they call a beast. A man bigger than a mountain, a body tainted with ink. To him they are art, a language of their own. To others it's a stereotype stamp.

He had known pain, he had known sorrow. He had taken care of himself for the last 12 years. He didn't need anyone mixed up in his business. Especially not a girl like Carin Haste.

A girl too pure and innocent for a tainted man like Falcon.

Could one encounter change both their lives completely? Or are there too many bumps in the road to be able to hold on?