Chapter 4

---> picture above is the drawing that Falcon made

Falcon's POV

My mind kept wandering off the diner. To Carin, the way she looked at me. Petrified. She doesn't even know who I am. I shook my head, trying to rid myself of those thoughts. I had no idea why it bothered me. It never bothered me before.

I took another sip from my coffee, groaning as the now cold liquid ran down my throat. To be honest the coffee was mellow. Perhaps that's because I'm used to a better quality. I am a coffee addict, it's an obsession.

Coffee isn't just a taste followed by an energy boost to keep you awake. You have to include the body, aroma, flavor and most important the acidity of the coffee. Something this one didn't have enough of.

I groaned in annoyance remembering this morning. Waking up and finding your favorite coffee pack empty, I was ready to murder. How could I forget to order it in. Sumatra Mandheling Coffee isn't something you'd find in a normal grocery store. In my opinion it is one of the greatest coffees there is. And it's price makes that obvious as well.

I left the coffee cup on the counter as I made my way into the tattoo shop. Emma's eyes caught my presence as she hurried towards me.

"Mr. Hernandez, you're late." She looked somewhat surprised. I frowned. Is that any of her business?

"Does that bother you," I threw her a daring look. She quickly shook her head.

"Of course not sir" I rolled my eyes. Why does she keep calling me sir, it's so formal. It makes me feel old. Older.

I shrugged off the dull feeling that had been nagging my mind the last couple of months and made my way towards the back of the shop. I grabbed my notebook and checked for any appointments. There weren't many, a cover up, a consult and a small tattoo that wouldn't take too long.

I sat down in my chair and sighed, I could already feel that this day would be a drag. Especially without my coffee. I tapped my fingers nervously on the table in front of me. A twitchy habit I possessed whenever something was bothering me.

Something about Carin was bothering me. Something about that situation was off. I couldn't have scared her that much.

I shook my head and reached for my sketchpad instead. Why was I even thinking about that. She wasn't any of my concern. I didn't know her and she certainly didn't know me.

****

"-my girlfriend convinced me to get this one, we agreed to get a matching one but I wanted to get your opinion first, since you have more experience and all."

I watched the scrawny man babble on about the idea in amusement. Perhaps he wasn't as skinny as I made him out to be but he looked like a toothpick sitting beside me. 

I absolutely detested his idea of the tattoo he wanted. Good thing I kept quiet or I might as well show all my clients the exit.

"Do you have a design or do you want me to work one out for you?" I asked, readying my sketchpad. His eyes held a nervous glint to them.

"My girlfriend had some suggestions," he felt around in his pocket and fished out a picture. 

He hesitantly handed me the sheet, giving me an awkward smile. I eyed him with suspicion. The way he held himself told me he wasn't really sure about getting this tattoo.

"And Sophia is the name of your girlfriend I suppose." I frowned. 

I couldn't say I hated the design but it wasn't original and I didn't support the idea of putting someone's name on your body. Things such as love never last and then you're stuck with it.