17

The shot sent a wave of undenied horror to the students as they were being ushered to the gymnasium. Tucker and Sam looked at each other quickly, sending a message that they better hurry on up. 

"W-what was that? Is he all right?" Mr. Lancer asked as he loosened his tie. 

The students were stressed beyond what was compatible. The teacher didn't look any better than them. The hallways seemed undeniably quiet as the patter of their shoes echoed off of the off-white walls. Their quickened breathing was the only sound that accompanied.

Sam began to think about the fastest way to accumulate gadgets. The Fenton household was a couple of blocks away, but it made Sam feel eerie. Every second spent away from Danny mattered to her. Every second they were away from the confrontation is a second that they were leaving him with undeniably rageful ghosts. 

"What weapons are we going to pick up at Danny's Tucker?"

 Her voice seemed to boom, because of how quiet everyone was being. Tucker pondered. 

"The Fenton Ghost Gloves for sure, and how about the Fenton Foamer?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah, we'll swing by his place and grab them before heading back here." 

The goth couldn't shake her worries out of her thoughts. 

"Tucker, can you maybe try and track down Danny on the PDA?" Tucker gave her a confused look but then began to punch in numbers into the device.

"I told you that his DNA was too complicated to find back when we couldn't find him, but I guess I'll try-" His eyes went wide and his fingers began to move rapidly on the buttons. 

The class looked at him, wondering what he had found. "Tuck, did you find him? Did you find Danny?" Sam pestered.

 With his fingers still pushing buttons, he answered. "Yes, I did. I'm trying to get a clearer picture of it right now." 

The PDA showed him the thermal images from a bird's eye view. Just as the excitement entered Tucker's body, it soon was sucked out of him. Sam noticed this sudden change in her friend's face. "What is it? Is he ok? Is he?" 

Tucker sighed. "I've got his exact location, I can see his ecto- thermal image. But, Sam, there are hundreds of more ectoplasm thermal images in front of him. It's not just Plasmius and a couple of goons, it's the majority of his rivals from the Ghost Zone." 

A lump appeared in Sam's throat, but she soon swallowed it. This was not the time for emotions. Danny can handle himself. 

Sam looked at them all once they were settled in the gym, and she waved them to calm down. "As long as you all stay here, you should be safe. Remember that." Baxter knitted his eyebrows together. 

"You still haven't answered Mr. Lancer's question. Is he ok? Will he be able to fight off them all? Hundreds?" Sam huffed. What was this nonsense? 

She pushed back all of her worries that correlated with the bully's questions and spoke. "Just because you found out that Danny was, in fact, Danny Phantom all of this time doesn't mean that he can't hold his own. He's not weak, and he's not the prey that you're used to." 

Her face began to feel hot, she could detect it. Tucker put a hand on her arm, a calm gesture. Shaming them and trying to get them to see all of their wrongdoings was a waste of time. "Sam, there's no point-" 

The goth shook out of his touch. "No, he needs to know, actually, they all need to know that Danny Fenton has always been strong. Even before the accident. Even though you all made him doubt himself and hate himself for being what he is for so long, Danny has always pulled through. No question about that. Even though you all were too damn stupid to see that before, he has always been this powerful and reliable. Always." 

 The kids' faces were left in guilty and embarrassed looks. They were all responsible for the actions that Sam had described. "Now, if you all will excuse us, we're off to help him save Amity Park." And with that, the English class was left in the gym, alone. 

Dash huffed and began to climb the bleachers. His steps bounced and boomed off of the walls decorated with championship flags. Mr. Lancer squirmed. 

"Baxter! Get down from there this instance!" Dash gave a look over his shoulder. "Danny is out there, and I need to see if this boy can really defeat this mob. I need to see if they can take care of this on their own." Lancer sighed into his hands. "Alright." 

Once Dash had made it to the large windows, the other students followed his lead.