18

Ringing.

Ringing is the sound that filled the ghost boy's ears to the point of insanity. His mind raced, swirled, and went erratic all at the same time. The ground's dirt had been disturbed from Danny's body being blasted across it. It now floated like mist for mere seconds.

The ray had been shot in such close proximity that his ears, and most definitely his body, suffered. 

Plasmius laughed a short, prickly cackle. His fangs began to show as his outrageous smile sauntered out from behind his lips. Danny brought his body off of the ground, patting off the lingering dust that clung to his suit. Plasmius expatiated on how such a weak thing Danny Phantom was.

"How in the hell are you still around here, Daniel? You're an outcast. And if you aren't that, then you're a monster that is just waiting to happen." 

Danny grinned. "It's nice seeing you too." He looked around him. "And I see that you brought me some friends to play nice with. That is just too kind of you, Plasmius." 

That sauntering smile vanished from the depraved halfa. His eyes glowed with a wicked intention.

 "Really, Plasmius. You didn't have to go through all of this horrible trouble just for me." Danny smiled as he put a hand over his heart, a dear gesture.

Plasmius growled. "Shut up, you pathetic waste of space!" 

He shot a ghost ray right at Danny. Phantom whipped up a ghost shield, deflecting it away. Danny knitted his eyebrows.

 "Alright, Plasmius. I'm tired of you, so let's just get this done with." His hands formed green balls of ectoplasmic fire. The ghost boy shot one after the other at Plasmius. The villain quickly dodged the attack.

"You're just a freak, Daniel. A monster.

As Plasmius hissed the phrase, Phantom was forming shields and dodging bullets of ectoplasm. The words split through him like a knife. Inside he was grimacing, loathing, but in no way did the boy let it show. His eyes could pierce ice. They were determined to set the whole catastrophe right.

He fired a ghost ray specifically at his face as a distraction. In no way would his enemy expect this, for it's smarter to try to hit below the neck. Vlad yelled for a mere second before another ray was sent his direction. Once it hit, his body jerked. 

"I'm in no way a monster. It seems to me that the one who's a monster is you."

This sent him into a rage. The old man's eyes filled with dire fury. The sneer appeared upon his lips. His eyebrows furrowed. 

"You've lost your very last chance. Congratulations." His voice was low and threatening. Danny readied himself for what was to come. His mind raced as sweat dripped down his forehead.

Vlad raised his fist above his head, shooting a ghost ray into the sky. The two halfas stared down one another. It had always been a fight for the upper hand between the two. After a full year of tussling, Danny sure hoped that this could be done and over with for good. And that was what he was going to try to accomplish. He was going to end it.

"Everyone! Go!" Vlad shouted.

 And before Danny knew it, every single one of his enemies was ramming towards him. Among the army of depraved ghosts were Skulker, Johnny Thirteen, Pariah Dark, Freakshow, Desiree, Ember, Technus, Walker, Nocturn, Vortex, and of course the Box Ghost. They were flying and shooting, and all Phantom could do was prepare himself for what he was about to endure. You can fight them off, you can do this, Danny told himself.

Ghost rays were racing past his skin, barely missed by a centimeter. Danny took a deep breath. He could do this. As he exhaled, Skulker was closing in towards him. He fired a ghost ray towards him, and Skulker shot one at him. Their rays battled each other, just like how Danny had done with Dan a few days before. Phantom held his ground. His feet dug into the grass and dirt. Sweat beads dripped down his forehead. Skulker boomed a laugh.

"You're weak! You've always been-" The halfa screamed as he pushed himself to and past his limit. Danny's ghost ray grew longer and more powerful than his enemy's.

 As it closed in on Skulker, Danny continued to yell. He was pushing himself beyond what he thought he could do. He was stronger than he thought he was.

Skulker's eyes were like saucers. He was soon struck by the green ectoplasm and was shot back into the crowd of ghosts. Danny panted. He saw from the corner of his eye that another was flying quickly toward him. He turned and felt his hands become frigid. Ice came shooting out and soon Johnny Thirteen was frozen in place as it gripped at his exterior.

The boy did not have time to banter or to say any witty remarks. He was determined. His green eyes were now glowing. This would sure make anyone intimidated by the ghost boy.

One after another, they came at him. He dodged and shot his way around them. But soon, his luck ran out. Vlad had divided himself into five separate beings. As they surrounded Danny, they laughed simultaneously.

 "You thought you were strong for a second, didn't you Daniel?"

This was followed by prickly laughs from the clones. Danny focused. He had practiced this many times before within the year. His eyes scrunched up, along with his nose. He thought of how his friends and family, hell, how everyone in Amity Park was counting on him. He thought of how many lives were at risk if he did not defeat the ghosts. He needed to defend them with all of his beings, with all of his might.

He could feel his stomach twist and churn, then butterflies appeared in his stomach. Soon, the feeling took over his whole body. His skin tingled. Then, suddenly, it happened. Danny Phantom had turned himself into five. The ghost boy could not help but pull on a smirk from what had just happened.

"Bet you didn't see that coming, huh?"