Chapter 2

"Serena, can you pick some Oran berries??"

"S-Sure!"

"I'll help!"

"Alright, let's go, Bonnie!"

"How is the Greninja doing?"

"Hmm...it definitely needs medical care, but the Pokémon Center is too far. For now, it needs to be patched up and some Oran berries to bear the pain for the time being."

All of the trainers' Pokémon were out to help their masters to heal the unconscious female Greninja.

"How did that female Greninja fall unconscious?" Hawlucha said, looking at Greninja for answers. Greninja sighed and shook his head, meaning he had no answers that Hawlucha was hoping for.

"Can you at least tell us what happened exactly?" Pikachu said, Greninja remained silent. He was unsure if he should tell them. Though they were his allies, his team, he wasn't sure if this was a personal thing that the female Greninja was hiding. Perhaps he wasn't suppose to tell others.

"She fainted when I found her." He lied to his friends. Serena and Bonnie came back with a basket full of Oran berries and some other berries too.

"Here, Clemont! Some Oran berries and other berries just in case you need some!" Serena said, Clemont smiled and thanked her as he took the basket and put it beside him. He spray some more potion on the Pokémon before patching her waist up with bandages, Clemont wiped off the sweat from his forehead as he exhaled.

"There, now all she need is some Oran berries!" Clemont said as he got some Oran berries.

" 'she'?" Ash said confusingly, Clemont looked at Ash with a nervous smile.
"W-Well, seems like this Pokémon is indeed a female." Clemont said, he looked back at the female Greninja, who moved a little before opening her eyes halfway.

"H-Hey, there! Are you feeling okay? I'm Clemont, and don't worry! We'll help you, just calm down, okay?" Clemont reassured as he smiled harmlessly. The female despises humans so much, but she was too weak. She can't make any noise nor sit up straight, all she can do is lying on the floor without moving a muscle. "I...I want you to eat this Oran berry, it will give some of your energy back!" Clemont said, clearly nervous as he handed out a berry to the female as his other hand held a handful more.

The female didn't want the food that this human tried to give. She used all her strength to move her head away, meaning she doesn't want to eat it.

Clemont frowned at the female's action, he decided to beg and try to persuade the female to eat it.

"Please...you need to eat it so you will have some energy. If you think we have poison the berries then...I'll eat one of them to show you!" Clemont said as he ate the berry. He smiled as he chew down the berry. He grabbed another berry and held it out to her. "See? It's not poisoned!" Clemont said, the female hesitated, but still doesn't want to.

What if the berry he ate was not poisonous, but the others were? What if they were working with Team Flare? The Greninja decided to ignore the humans.

Ash's Greninja, realized that the female Greninja doesn't trust them, sighed as he walk towards the basket and took a berry or two with him. He went to the opposite side of where Clemont was, and kneeled down as he held a berry out.

"The rest is not poisoned, I promise" he said with a small, warming smile behind his tongue scarf. "If it makes you feel better, I will take a bite of each berries and give it to you, to proof that it is not poisoned" he said as he took a small bite on the berry, chewing it and swallow it as he give the bitten berry to the female. The female hesitated, but took the berry in her hand anyways and threw it in her mouth.

The trainers smiled widely as the female started to chew it. The male Greninja got another the berry and took a bite out of it and give it to the female, who didn't hesitate to eat it. The male Greninja smiled widely as the female sat weakly, looking at Clemont, who gave the handful of berries to her. She accepted it and began eating it.

The female didn't know why, but she felt like she can trust him.

The one who saved her, and trusted her even if they just met.

She was forever in his debt.