Chapter 3

"Hey Crutchie." Jack says.

Jack has just come from work. Since Crutchie's crutch was broken he had to stay home and couldn't sell his papers.

Jack drops a few nickels in Crutchie's hand. "Here's a day's worth of selling papes. You don't have to pay me back, it's
the least I could do for ya since Im sorta the reason your crutch is broken." He says as he rocks back and forth anxiously.

"Jack I can't." Crutchie responds, handing the coins back to Jack.

"Well..." Jack says. "If you won't take that at least take this." Jack takes his arm from behind his back to reveal a brand new crutch. "I know it's not the same but--"

"Jack!" Crutchie cuts him off, "thank you!"

Jack walks over to Crutchie and hands the brand new crutch to him.

"It's even better than my last!" He innocently squeals.

Jack chuckles. "I'm glad you like it." Jack says smiling. "I wish I could stay but Katherine and I have special plans for tonight so I gotta go." He grabs his sketchbook and pencils and descends down the ladder.

As Jack leaves Crutchie sits down and examines his new crutch. He looks at the bottom and sees shaky writing. It reads:

For Crutchie from:
Your friend
Your best friend
Your brother, Jack.

***

The End! I hope you enjoyed I Never Planned on Someone Like You! I normally write longer fanfics but I think this is perfect, short and sweet. Thanks for reading fellow fansies!