Prologue

Prologue:

Eleni ran through the town, huffing and puffing. If she was going to enter into the next dueling championship, she had to catch the plane first. It was rumored that Yugi Moto, The King of Games, himself was going to enter in, along with Kaiba and the Joey Wheeler who came in second in Duelist Kingdom.

"My loyal monsters won't fail me, I know it!" Eleni said to herself, putting on a burst of speed, "But I'm not sure my legs will! I gotta hurry before the plane takes off! I hope Topaz and Blitzen are there already. Maybe they have Glorious too." The thought of her little pet dragon filled her mind, and her pace slowed. Then she put on a burst of speed.

"Glad you can make it! Glorious here kept chewing on my hair, silly reptile!" Blitzen said, patting the tiny European dragon. Eleni had rescued Glorious when she traveled to Europe. Poor Glorious was sick and had fallen out of her nest when an earthquake had happened. Glorious had traveled to the heart of a forest where Eleni found her. The little dragon began to chew on Eleni's hand with her tiny fangs that were still growing in. She was only a baby after all.

"Yeah. She's a little nibbler," Eleni said apologetically, "Isn't that right, my little gecko with wings?" Glorious chirped and her scales shifted colors to a rose pink as Eleni petted her like she would a cat.

"I'm still shocked that they let her on thinking she was a winged iguana. How stupid could one be!" Topaz said on the other side of Eleni.

"At least they didn't look at her as a fire breathing monster! They definitely wouldn't let one of those on!" Eleni joked.

"I wouldn't either, especially one that chews on my hair!" Topaz said with a smirk. Eleni gave her a light smack on her shoulder with a smile.

They arrived in New York, where Yugi Moto lived.

"Lucky him. He gets to live right in the middle of the competition! He's so cool! I wonder if I'll meet him. Probably not, but you never know!" Eleni thought to herself. She ran down the tunnel of fabric connecting the plane to the gate with her backpack, where Glorious hid, on and her custom duel disk on her arm.

"Alright! Duelist Championships, here I come!" Eleni said loudly before racing off.

"Glory! Wait up!" Blitzen shouted, racing after her, "Where are you going?!"

"To duel Yugi Moto, the King of Games!" Eleni shouted back, turning around on her heel and then running off again and straight into a poll.

"That's Eleni for you!" Topaz muttered before chasing after the two other duelists and into the world of Yu-Gi-Oh.