Chapter 5: What Really Happens

"I...IVY??!!" I fainted again and only partly heard what happened. "DAVID WHAT HAPPENED HERE??" "I swear nothing happened" "THEN WHY THE HELL IS SHE HERE" I heard a loud slap. "TELL ME WHY SHE IS HERE DAVID!" I started to move my head around a little, it was in pain from the fall. I opened one eye, still half asleep. Tom walked over to me and checked me all over, he kissed me and got back up then walked to david again. He asked what happened again. David spilled it all and Tom wasn't happy. His voice went deep and..... It sent a

shiver down my spine. Tom punched david in the jaw then in between the eyes knocking him out and ran back over to me.

He picked me up and checked me all over again. He saw scratches and cuts. He gasped and cried a little. Tom took me back to the treehouse and laid me on the mattress we shared. He kissed me gently and changed me into some new clothes he had found. I woke up in his arms and looked up at him, he was looking out the window and didn't look happy. I tugged on his shirt a little not saying a word as i had lost my voice from shouting at David earlier that night. He looked down and his face lit up like a match when he saw i was awake. Tears ran down his eyes and he sat down with me and hugged me closely. "I'm sorry i disappeared for a day! I went to get some supplies and i got caught up in a hoard of those things..." More tears ran down his eyes. "D..did he do all these cuts and scratches to you??!" He gently stroked a scar that went from my eye to my lip. I shook my head and nuzzled my nose to his nose crying into his chest moments later. He shushed me softly to sleep and smiled. He put me in bed and laid with me keeping guard. I woke up to his arms around me and he was shivering. Turned towards him and looked at him with a confused look on my face. He signaled his eyes for me to look behind him. I looked up and gasped, i scrambled to my knees and pushed myself against the wall. "Wh...WH... I.. IS HE DEAD?!

He shrugged slowly with his eyes wide and bloodshot. I looked at him then to the 'corpse' then back at him then back to the 'corpse'. I closed my eyes and let out a gasp as Tom put his hand on my knee, trying to calm me down with more shushes. I started hyperventilating and breathed faster and faster. "Ivy calm down, you... You have seen many dead bodies." i nodded as to say true but Tom probably murdered his stepfather. It was horrifying to see a body or to even wake up to one in the same room as you are.

Tom was still shaking in horror, "Ivy are you okay..?" "NO!!" I shivered "What... Why??...." "I wanted to kill David myself." I frowned and Tom stopped shaking. "Wait... what...??!" "Yeah, after what he did to you Tom, i couldn't help thinking about it....." "Oh.." Tom shown me the knife he used to kill David. "Tom it's okay just, just tell me what happened."

I was about to fall asleep with Ivy and i heard something rustling. I swapped myself with a pillow so she wouldn't wake. I made my way throughout the darkness, and i fall over something. I got up and rubbed my eyes... it was a corpse of a zombie. I grabbed Ivy's katana and i grabbed my rifle and turned on my flashlight. I heard a voice say ' This is a dream go back to bed ' I knew exactly whose voice it was, and grabbed him by the neck, holding against the wall. "Why are you here, i told you to leave us and Ivy especially!!" "Tom, Tom i'm just borrowing some food..." I gripped his neck tighter. "Tell, me the, REAL reason David | I held up Ivy's katana | Or this will have your blood on it." He grabbed the katana and threw it out the treehouse into the fountain below, and threw me to the floor. He started heading to Ivy, and i jumped on his back making him fall to the ground, and letting me able to grip his hands behind his back as if being handcuffed. I got up and threw him onto the ottoman that me and Ivy used as a sofa, then simply jumped out the house to grab the katana. David walked to Ivy and bent over her, he tried to pick her up but a knife must have caught her. She was one for bleeding, and when i came back there was blood mostly everywhere. There were a few scratches and a cut across her other cheek. I sprinted towards him and knocked him over before he could pick up Ivy. She rolled over and i saw the mark on her face, leaving me fuming. I grabbed his shirt and threw him to the wall once again. "I told you once, I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HOLDS HER!" I walked over to him and put my nose to his nose. "I know that blood shall be spilled but it's kill or be killed, i chosen the first one, so when you look into my eyes i'll be the last thing you will see!!" He frowned and punched me in the jaw and changed our places. "I think you should be careful on who your back chatting boy." I grinned and kneed him in between the legs, leaving him to drop to the floor slowly. Ivy woke up and started crying when she saw what was happening, i slowly turned to her and walked to her, bending down in front of her i laid her back down kissing her forehead and let her fall asleep. "I refuse to see my Ivy cry but... You woke her... ." I said with a slight growl in my voice. I walked back to david and pushed him out the treehouse letting him fall onto his back on the cobblestone below.