07 | fight

[July 3rd X791]

It was almost cliche as wind settled in the arena, and dust had blown at both of their feets, the other preparing for what would be a very difficult, and hard-fought battle.

Jura Neekis was no fool. He would not underestimate the dragon slayer that stood in front of him. He was aware that the blonde was on par with the red headed mage, Titania, and he knew that after seeing her amazing performance, that would only drive the slayer to fight harder. His eyes narrowed as he studied her, awaiting for her to make the first move.

Not only did Ariana have the motivation to also one-up Erza, but her previous rage from the night before was now resurfacing. Her sky blue eyes studied the man that stood before her, trying to come up with a battle strategy.

She knew that Jura could easily beat her in a means of strength and experience, but Ariana believed that she had more skill, more desire and want, and for as right now, she had a plan. Not to mention her secret ace that she had never revealed to anyone, and had only ever used it a couple of times before.

But that was a last resort, and until then, she would fight.

As they prepared, both Ariana and Jura were readying their magic powers, and Ariana was gathering the moisture of the air around her and gathering up all of her magical energy to convert into her water dragon slaying magic.

"Let the battle begin!"

"I'm sorry Ariana, but I won't be holding back. I do wish you and the rest of Fairy Tail luck during the rest of these games though." Jura said, and then began.

Almost immediately, pillars of rock had shot out of the ground, and with no time to spare, Ariana had launched herself up into the air, running along the rock that kept shooting out of the ground. Her pace continued to speed up as she ran, jumping from place to place, narrowly dodging his first attempt to attack.

"Water Dragons Roar!" Ariana attacked back, as she jumped off of the rock and got herself in line with Jura, not necessarily trying to hit him, but to get him to weaken his attacks on her for now.

As she expected, he put up a wall of rock to block the attack she used, and that's when Ariana gracefully landed back on the arenas ground and ran full speed towards Jura, while still having to dodge the rocks he sent flying her way.

"Water Bullet!" Ariana exclaimed as she took in a deep breathe and unleashed a bombardment of attacks on the wizard saint.

Small, yet fast and dense bullets of water were send flying towards the rock mage, the bullets of water too quick for him to see, but easy for him to block as he put up a solid wall of rock in front of him self. Luckily for him, the wall was thick enough, as the bullets made a large dent in the rock, but not enough to penetrate.

Ariana furrowed her eyebrows and narrowed her eyes to see where her opponent had gone from behind the wall he created, when suddenly, a solid rock fist slammed though his own rock wall, completely catching Ariana off guard.

"Is she going to be able to dodge that...?" Happy said, worry in his voice.

"Don't say that!" Presley cried, Ariana's caramel coloured exceed said, placing her paws on her hips and glared at the blue cat. "Aria's strong! She'll show this guy who's boss!"

The rock fist came at Ariana head on, and it made contact with her whole body, but surprisingly, didn't send her flying back.

The arena gasped at the early and brutal contact of the fist and Ariana, each member of every guild leaning further over their railings to get a closer look at what happened and the crowds had started to cheer for Jura. People really liked him and it seemed that the crowds were on his side and would rather cheer for him more. As the crowds were cheering for Jura, the members of Fairy Tail began to scream and cheer, trying to out cheer the crowd.