08 | realization

[July 3rd X791]

He could hear the voices or Natsu and the others as they stood within Ariana's room, waiting from her to wake up.

The steady sound of her heartbeat on the monitor was enough to ensure him that she was still alive and was keeping him calm enough to simply sit outside the door of the blondes hospital room since the Fairy Tail members wouldn't let him inside the room. They had only allowed him at a safe distance outside just to make sure he wouldn't pull any stunts.

He tapped his fingers on the wall he stood up against, waiting impatiently for when the blonde dragon slayer would finally wake up. He knew that she was still alive, and that for the most part, Ariana was okay, but the way that she fought...

He didn't know that she had gotten so strong.

"You're still waiting outside?" a red cat had spoken, walking up to his partner as he stood outside of the door.

"I'm going to wait until she wakes up." The bleached blonde had stated, obviously, and then turned to his exceed to see that Rogue and Frosch were with him as well.

"Why does it seem like you care so much for this Fairy Tail wizard?" the red eyed dragon slayer had asked, cocking his head to the side as he asked this question, and folded his arms over his chest, awaiting a response.

"He-" Lector began, but Sting rose a hand to stop him.

"Because I do." Sting had said simply, accepting this fact. A sudden weight seemed to be lifted off his shoulder as he had finally admitted this fact out loud.

This sudden and direct response had thrown the raven off, him not actually expecting Sting to answer in such a way. He had never known Sting to care so deeply for a girl, especially one that was his competition and in a rival guild that had actually challenged them and made a mess of where they were staying for the games.

As Rogue was about to reply to this, a new and sudden voice had rung out.

"W-what happened?"

It was Ariana.

Stings head had whipped around so quickly as he turned to get inside of the room that Ariana was in, but a sudden nurse had run into the room before he could, and the door had shut quickly behind her, leaving a defeated Sting standing outside the door.

♛ ♛ ♛

"Why does my head hurt so much?" the blonde said, raising a hand to her hand where a burning pain was coming from.

"Try not to move or talk so much. You were severely injured in your battle, but it seems that you're going to be okay. Just try not to get yourself worked up too much, it'll cause the bleeding to start up again." the petite nurse had explained to her.

The blonde abided and put her hand down, trying to calm herself and then looked around to see five pairs of eyes boring down on her. It was the rest of the team members from Fairy Tail A, while the rest of the guild had already paid their visits, and stayed for a while. But it had been hours until Ariana had woken up since the battle. It was already dark outside and was nearing night time, but the members of her team had stayed to make sure she would be okay.

Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy and Wendy had stared down at her, looking all over her body to see if she was alright.

She had suffered through bad internal bleeding on the left side of her stomach, due to the relentless attacks that Jura had given to her, and the bad hit she got at the end was enough to trigger the bleeding inside of her. On top of that, large black and purple bruises were found nearly everywhere around her body. Additionally, her magic was completely depleted and would take at least a day until it would recharge again.