7. Winks and smirks

"I-uh, I was just very curious and like you said before I wanted to hex you" she quickly formed sentences in her head. To be honest she didn't know the exact reason why she came. It was just who she was, she loved to find problems.

"Okay then, hex me. Or better use the Avada on me. I mean it would be better to die and go to hell rather than live in another hell where you can feel emotions." His eyes glistened with water. Hermione was blank.

"I would never do that. Not even to a Slytherin who harasses everyone." She said it in an almost soft tone.

"Wow Granger, really? But what if the bully did something so wrong that they deserved to die?" He questioned.

"No, everyone has a reason to live." She sounded like she was assuring herself.

"Mhmm...."

"Why did you call me Hermione in that letter?" She asked trying to change the topic.

"So that I wouldn't get recognised, obviously."

"So are you too afraid to call me by my first name now?" She teased. Under the cloak she had a small smirk.

"Maybe. I mean I don't know how you would respond to that"

She chuckled, however realised the mistake right after. She felt herself heat up.

"Be thankful your under the cloak, Hermione"

She caught her breath. The way he said it felt so real. It had just slipped out from his mouth, like he had been saying it for years.

"Malfoy, are you using me to get rid of that Parkinson person?" Trying cool down, which was easy due to the weather.

Malfoy buried his head in his palms and groaned in frustration.

"Who the hell said that we were dating? I mean I only snogged her once and she wasn't even good at it" He turned a shade of pink.

"You snogged her?"

"Um I snogged like half the school" He said neutrally.

"Right."

An awkward silence followed the conversation. Hermione's head was still trying to process everything that was happening. Why was everything way too fast?

"You should go now." He said flatly.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Thanks for not killing me." She smiled.

"I still have time to kill you though." Hermione wanted to ask another question but stopped herself.

"I know your itching to ask this but, I really do fancy you." He winked.

Hermione felt herself blush. Did she have no privacy?

"And please not a word to anyone, okay Gra- Hermione?" He turned serious.

Her palms were sweating now. If only the time turner could slow everything down. Before he could say anything else she ran off.

The stars had moved. They were in different positions but they were still bright as ever. That's how Hermione felt. She had moved. She had gotten closer to her answers but still felt confused and jammed.