Chapter 3: Coffee Shop

The game had ended a couple of hours ago, and the girls had already come back to their dorm safely as they chatted.

"I'm so sorry, Lu. I had no idea Natsu would be there." The small girl apologized.

"It's not your fault, Levy. I just wasn't expecting him to be there." Lucy sighed, slumping, exhausted from all the emotions she'd been forced to deal with all at once upon seeing him once again.

Not expecting him there was an understatement. She'd never think to see him ever again in her life and a part of her had never wanted to.

"Well luckily you won't have to confront him or anything," Levy said, in an attempt to liven the situation.

"Everything will be fine." She reached over to put her hand on top of Lucy's.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, It's no big deal." She sighed, hoping it was true.

Most couples at their young age weren't as stable and as long term as Natsu and Lucy were, so everyone believed they had to have been soulmates. The had many fond memories together during their relationship.

One of Lucy's most memorable moments with her boyfriend had to be a certain day during summer. The two had gone out to the nearest waterpark in Fiore and had spent the whole afternoon together.

Once they had arrived, the two practically ran to set their bags off at the picnic tables provided at the park.

They immediately stripped down to their swimsuits, Natsu's being a pair of flame swim trunks and Lucy's a white bikini with a pink floral pattern. They were getting prepared to immerse their bodies in the cool pool water to escape the heat of the season.

"I'll race you to the pool, Lucy!" He cried out, practically throwing his towel and sandals at the table. He took off in a sprint to get into the water, and the blonde girl just stared at him in disbelief. She was used to his antics by their third year dating anyways, so she just gave a light laugh in return.

"Hold on, I have to put my sunscreen on unless I want to catch a sunburn," she sighed. She quickly squeezed a white tube of the product onto her palm before spreading it across her body.

She didn't want to waste time on something such as sunscreen when she could be swimming with him, but unless she wanted a major sunburn on her light skin she kind of had to. Natsu was lucky enough to not need any protection from the heat, seeing the sun just made him toast into an almond. He was practically immune to harsh heat that normally affected others.

After she finished applying the sunscreen, she threw off her flip flops and ran after Natsu happily. The moment she splashed into the main pool he was at, a grin took over his face. They stayed like that, splashing and swimming in the water together. Just the fact that they were by each other's side made the couple immensely ecstatic, in love.

The moment didn't last long when Natsu grabbed Lucy's slim waist and pulled her towards him. He then threw her over him, sending them both underwater, in a frenzy she cried out his name. That's when their fun turned to tickling and other silly behavioral actions.

They spent the whole day laughing, joking, and just enjoying each other's company. They rode the waterslides, ate at the concession stands, swam around the lazy river, and splashed around the whole time. It was like they were in paradise together.

The two sat on a bench underwater along the edge of an alcove in the pool. They were taking a much-needed break from swimming and running around aimlessly the whole time.

Lucy laid against his warm chest, enveloped in his body heat balancing the temperature of the chill water. She loved the feeling of his body against hers, even in such a moment as innocent as a hug. Just having each other leaning against the other in an embrace felt so intimate and loving to them.