.: 1 :.

She laid there and absentmindedly stared at the ceiling. As other patients screamed and yelled, she kept quiet. Mainly because she didn't like the doctors at the asylum. 

Before she could close her eyes, a soft, feminine voice called out to her.

"Minnie-ah."

She looked forward and saw her mother sitting at the foot of her bed. Minjoon quickly jumped to her feet and stumbled until her back pressed against the cold, steel door.

"Honey, it's me," her mother cooed, "It's Mommy."

Minjoon shook her head, and her patience slowly began to thin. She looked at her beloved mother and continued to look on in disbelief.

"No... you're dead..."

"No, honey, I never died. Who told you such a ridiculous lie?"

As she went to caress Minjoon's cheek, Minjoon slapped her hand away.

"NO! I SAW IT! YOU AND DAD ARE GONE! ALL THAT BLOOD AND... and..."

"We never left. It was probably just a nightmare, sweetheart."

Minjoon's face reddened in anger, and her jaw began to clench. She looked around the small, whitewashed room in hopes she could find something or anything to use against the woman who claimed to be her mother. 

She grabbed the bed frame and shook it. She tried to push it, but it was no use. The bed wouldn't move. The apparition moved, with a ghost-like grace, to the opposite side of the room. Minjoon screamed as she charged towards the door where her mother stood . She closed her eyes and slammed her fist onto the door. She didn't care about the feeling of the blood that trickled down her hand. She opened her eyes to see only her fist against the door.

"Now, Minnie, why would you hit your mother?"

Minjoon turned around and saw that the woman was sitting on the bed again.

"BECAUSE MY MOTHER IS FUCKING DEAD! YOU'RE A FAKE!"

"I'm not dead! How many times must I tell you? Now watch your language and your volume! Your father is upstairs trying to nap before he goes to work."

Minjoon looked around the room again but saw no sign of stairs. Her mind spun. She felt like she was in a nightmare that she would one day wake up from. Except she wasn't. It was all too real.

She grabbed a handful of her long, jet black hair in each hand and curled up on the floor. She kept repeating in her mind that none of it was real. She knew her parents were dead, but she wanted the figment of her mother to be real. She rocked herself back and forth and started to speak in an incoherent ramble. She slowly increased her volume, almost to the point of yelling. She picked herself up off the floor and started to throw herself against the door. After realizing it wouldn't budge, she gave up. As she went back to sit on her bed, she felt something drip onto her forehead. She touched it with her finger and saw a splotch of red. Blood. She looked up to see the disfigured bodies of her parents.

"No... nononono..."

Their mouths slowly gaped open as if to speak. Then her father spoke.

"Minnie-ah... Why Minnie-ah? Why did you let us die? You could've stopped them and saved us, but instead, you watched from the shadows and did NOTHING!"

Minjoon fell back onto her bed and stared at the horror displayed on the ceiling. Tears welled up in her eyes, and her body began to tremble.

"I didn't want you to die!"

"Then why did you hide? This wouldn't have happened if you weren't such a COWARD!"

"I WAS ONLY 5! I WAS SCARED! WHAT THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

She didn't hear the door open nor did she see seven doctors enter the room. Two of them stayed inside while the other five quietly stepped out of the room and closed the door behind them. The two doctors in the room looked at each other, then at the screaming girl.

"Namjoon, hold her down," a deep voice commanded.

Namjoon adjusted his sleeves and handed everything in his coat pockets to the other doctor. He slowly walked towards her, continuously making sure to not startle the girl. She was too busy dealing with her hallucinations to even notice the tall doctor approaching her. He gently touched her arms. As soon as his hands touched her skin, she started to panic. She screamed and flailed and tried to push him away. Namjoon gently pinned her arms to her sides and brushed the hair away from her neck. When he had her secured in his arms, he nodded at his colleague. 

"Yoongi, let's hurry this up."

Yoongi grabbed a syringe from his coat pocket and, slowly and carefully, stuck the needle into her neck.

"Shhh... you'll be okay. I promise," Namjoon whispered to her in a soothing tone, "Now relax and please rest."

As the sedative kicked in, she slowly stopped thrashing and looked deep into Namjoon's dark brown eyes. Her body started to go limp and, a minute or so later, fell asleep in his arms.