Just My Luck

Exhausted from days worth of work, five interns strolled the halls of Seattle Grace Hospital in grave need of drinks from Emerald city bar. Cristina Yang, Izzie Stevens, Meredith Grey, Alex Karev, and George O'Malley were making their way to a nearby elevator, too tired to even consider the stairs.

They had been working with each other for two years now, almost done their internship. Whether or not they all wanted to admit it, the surgeons were getting closer as friends. Anyone who saw them considered them to be a family, not perfect by any means, but a family all the same.

"Just to inform you all, I rocked my double bypass this afternoon," Cristina bragged, once again reminding everyone that she was the best, no questions asked.

"My interns doing their jobs like they're paid to do?" Dr. Bailey asked. Sarcasm dripped from her tone as she walked up from behind the group. "Impossible."

"Dr. Bai-" Izzie started, Bailey cut her off.

"Stevens, what did I say about talking to me after the shift?" The resident questioned without turing to look at her intern.

"But you're talking to—" Bailey cut her off again.

"Stevens? What did I say?" She demanded.
With an exasperated sigh, Izzie gave up. "That's better," Bailey mumbled. "I'm going to guess your all going to Joe's?"

George responded for them, nodding his head as goofy grin plastered across his face. "That's right."

"Now, that sounds more like my interns."

~~~

For the first time in days, Mark Sloan was going home, to his own bed, to sleep, alone. These days this was a rare occurrence. After more than a day's worth of doing his job and flirting with coworkers, he was tired and ready for sleep. Sliding into the elevator, he was happy to see Addison Montgomery inside. A smirk was pulled to his lips almost immediately.

"Addie, what a pleasant sight."

"I'm not sleeping with you, Mark," Addison informed without turning to face him.

Mock hurt covered his features as he asked, "is sleeping with me really the first that comes to mind every time we meet?"

The neonatal surgeon scoffed, never meeting his eyes. He stepped closer, treading dangerous waters.

Just as the redhead turned to face him, the elevator doors burst opened.

"Why am I not surprised?" Derek questioned, entering the enclosed space.

"It's not what it looks like, Derek," Addison lamely addressed her ex-husband. She quickly stepped away from the handsome man behind her.

Before Derek could answer a loud shout caught everyone's attention. "Hold the elevator!" It demanded.

Mark quickly shot forward, sticking his hand out and stopping the door in time for a certain Latina to slip in.

"Thanks," Callie smiled.

~~~

Just as Alex pressed down on the button, the elevator doors slid open revealing four other surgeons on their way down. Looking over to Meredith, Alex immediately noticed a blush run across her cheeks. You'd have to be dead not to notice the relationship between the intern and the curly haired attending.