Raise Your Glass

Enjoy

Without Bailey's nagging or another bottle to occupy them, the group found themselves in a familiar boredom.

Meredith moved in a little closer to Derek, a soft smile shared between them. Cristina rolled her eyes, barely suppressing a groan.

Mark tried not to look too disappointed as Alex and Addison engaged in a quiet conversation. Her blush didn't go unnoticed. When Mark finally looked away, Callie met his eyes, pity crossing her features. She knew better then anyone just how much Mark felt for the redhead.

Arizona watched as a small reassuring smile spread to Callie's lips in an effort to comfort her friend. When Callie's kind eyes found hers, Arizona smile only grew.

Izzie and George sat quietly in their own corner, whispering every now and then about their patients. They compared them in playful competition, deciding that maybe this week George's surgeries had been better.

"Do you hear that?" Mark asked. A look of concentration splayed on his face. A ticking sounded through the elevator. "What is it–?"

The elevator shifted. With a loud screech, it fell down only an inch, but it was enough to send the group into a fury. Screams pierced the air as the surgeons grabbed for each other in a scrambling panic.

"We're all gonna die!" Izzie sobbed, clutching George tightly.

Mark became vaguely aware how tight we was holding Alex, but before he could think about letting go, the elevator shifted. Both men held on tighter.

Sounds of groaning metal swallowed their screams. With a deafening screech, the inches grew as they fell.

"Arizona, I was going to ask you to go to Joes with me after we got out!" Callie bellowed holding onto the blonde with a death grip.

"I would have said, yes!" Arizona cried, pulling tighter.

They fell a foot this time, screaming as the groaning grew louder. The elevator was slipping fast.

"Derek! I did put your lizard in the microwave when we were kids!" Mark admitted.

"I knew it!" Derek shouted. "I'm the one who bent your Babe Ruth card!"

"You told me that was Addison!" Mark exclaimed. "If we don't die here I'm going to kill you!"

"Not if I get him first!" Addison yelled over the screeching metal.

The elevator dropped again.

"I can't believe I'm going to die before winning a Harper Avery!" Cristina whined.

Alex's eyes nearly rolled into the back of his head. Cristina noticed with a deathly glare in his direction.

"Oh look at yourself!" She spat.

Alex was suddenly aware of how tight he was holding Mark, though it didn't matter when the elevator made its final drop.

Screams pierced the air as the surgeons were jostled around inside. With a final rounding crash the doors burst open.

Bailey barely suppressed a laugh at the terrified group before her, she carried with her a mischievous smile. Before the group even understood what had happened, Bailey ordered the intern behind her to take a picture. This was a memory worth saving.

Repaire men continued to toy with the control panel and mechanics as the group stared dumbfounded around them.

"Oh my god... We're alive..." Izzie sputtered.

"The repair men were lowering the elevator," Bailey explained with a nonchalant shrug. "What did you think was happening?"

"We thought we were falling to our deaths!" Mark exclaimed, stepping towards the attending. "A heads up would have been nice!"

Bailey smiled up at the man, "I'm sure it would have been." She turned on her heel, leaving the stunned group behind her with a satisfied smirk.

They watched as she rounded the corner, with equally puzzled looks.

"Did Dr. Bailey really just let us believe we were all going to die... to punish us?" Meredith asked. The group nodded in a dumbfounded silence.

"Well, it's been a pleasure," Derek said. A couple easy laughs sounded around the room. "But I have some important matters to attend to." He started toward the door.

"Oh no you don't!" Mark exclaimed running after him. They disappeared around the corner, threats echoing back with their footsteps.

Callie turned to Arizona with a shy smile.

"Hey, did you really mean—"

She cut off the Latina with a smile of her own, "let's get out of here." They rounded the corner together.

"Well," Meredith sighed, meeting Cristina's eyes. The two surgeons nodded in sync and started walking away.

"Where are you going?!" George called after them, he and Izzie ran to catch up.

"Joe's!" Christina called back.

"Those are my people," Alex laughed. He and Addison jogged to catch up with the others.

Though they all went their separate ways, each surgeon found themselves in the same place with a glass raised. With newfound friendships and a little more, they toasted to childish games, drinking in an elevator, and almost dying.

Mark raised his glass once more, "Here's to being stuck with all of you!"

AND THATS THE END!

Thank you so much for reading! And a special thanks to everyone who commented and voted. Check out my Grey's one-shot book and leave a comment of what stories you'd like to see next.

Thanks again,
M♡