Chapter 90

| Ninety |

It is unfortunate and painful to admit that such arguments, whilst not as frequent and as agonising, continued.

I was left uncomfortable and afraid with the idea of this man roaming around with such unlawful power. As much as I try to refrain from overloading Harry with such worries and concerns I hold, I couldn't help being constantly antagonised by this fear of losing Harry.

Despite all this, I never regret falling in love with Harry: I am truly grateful for meeting him that night. Whilst this situation is problematic, and some days have been unhealthy for us both, he is one of the best things in my life.

The past few days I have spent with Harry and he made me forget about... the thing.

But lately, he had become a bit more irritable — acting weird, angry sometimes, mumbling to himself.

I watched him: the way he walked up and down the halls, muttering things to himself, conflicted.

I just kept reflecting back to possibly one of the best days of my life with Harry — when we made love and I saw his vulnerability, despite Johnny's intrusion. I knew he was afraid. I just wanted another night like that again and for him to just release his emotions, telling him everything was going to be ok. I hated knowing he was unhappy again. Not with us but with what he was having to participate in. I felt helpless, but when he is angry, it's best to give him some time alone.

Despite that, these last few days, however, have been good with Harry. We made a return to the diner which I fell in love with all over again. The nostalgic feeling reminded me how much I had missed the place and just being back with Harry there. I did try to take him out a lot and the diner did manage to make him feel a little more himself again.

I also managed to catch up with Blair, my old roommate in college, and we plan to meet up soon. I am pretty excited for that, I really did miss her.

I collapse onto the couch and switch on the TV. It was getting quite late, it was dark outside and I just needed rest.

"Babe you ok?" Harry smiles slightly whilst coming.

Though, the smile wasn't very convincing.

"I'm fine Harry, are you ok?" I ask, taking my bottom lip between my teeth.

He sighs and ran a hand through his hair.

"I am... fine," He replies.

He sits down next to me and stares at me with a pained expression.

"Are you sure Harry, you don't have to say but whatever the problem is, I am always here," I reply.

"There is no problem," He says.

"Harry, you are making it quite obvious there is a problem," I reply, sighing.

His emerald green eyes stare at me as he swallows. "Well... don't worry about it Ari,"

I pause as I look away, nodding slightly.

"Ok,"

I just left it and turn my attention back to the tv. I couldn't keep going through the same arguments with Harry.

Seconds later, I felt cold lips meet my neck. Sucking gently, he left small kisses making me tilt my head back slightly and a moan escaping my lips.

"I am sorry, but... you know that I love you Ari," He mumbles.

"It is fine and I know," I mumble, enjoying his touch.

"You know I would do anything for you, even if something happens to me," He mumbles again, kissing me on the lips.