3 | COMPASSION

"I'm being torn apart..."
Ben Solo

"–Ben Solo

Rey.

She woke to that same voice, calling out her name. She instantly observed her surrounding, looking for the one who belonged to that voice. But there was no one, she was alone. In yet another prison cell. She sighed, as she sat on the edge of her bed. It was surprisingly comfortable. In fact it was the first bed she ever slept on. But she had to remind herself, that this was temporary. She needed to escape.

She got up and walked around her cell. It wasn't a small box this time. It was round, with little light streaming from above. There was only one door. No windows.

Everything has a weakness, she thought. Everyone has a weakness.
The moment she thought these words, the image of Kylo Ren killing Han attacked her thoughts and her emotions.

Why? She wondered.

Again, not knowing why only made her angry. She knew nothing of herself and those around her. She didn't know the Force as intimately as Kylo Ren, and Snoke. But she felt it. And she wanted to know more. She needed to if she was going to escape this place.

But first she needed to regain her strength.

Then she saw the food on a small table. Rey eyed the food and the cup of blue fluid. She was hungry, and thirsty. She couldn't resist. She made her way to the table. She didn't use the utensils and ate the food with her hands. Then she chugged the blue fluid, its coldness soothing her dry throat.

After she was done she sat back down on her bed, and stared at the door. Now, she was conjuring up a plan for escape.

_________

Kylo Ren knelt in the centre of his dim-lit room, surrounded by the dark. He was thinking of Han Solo, and what he did to him. He held his helmet in his hands, staring at it.

Father...

Kylo Ren thought that killing his own father, would deepen his connection to the dark side. He didn't feel the connection he sought, but instead felt something else entirely. What was it? He wondered. It wasn't darkness, or light but someone's presence.

He looked up and said, "Rey."

He knew she had something to do with this. But why? Why did a scavenger of all people, was strong with the force? He wanted to know. He had to...

He placed down his helmet and walked out his room. He was going to find out who this girl was and why he felt drawn to her.