24 | END OF THE JEDI

"Pass on what you have learned."
Yoda

Rey felt cold

Rey felt cold.

And saw nothing but darkness. But she could hear a distant voice. It was barely audible, but she knew who it was. It was her, all those years ago; calling out to a family she'd never see again.

"Why cling to the past?" The Sith asked, his voice firm and condescending.

They are my family. She defended.

"Blood," he corrected. "Nothing more."

The truth stung, but she still didn't want to accept it. But she had to asked, Why?

The Sith spoke softly. "They are no longer your future. Let them go..."

I'm scared.

"Then use that fear," he tempted. "Unleash it." 

Rey sensed she was holding back.

The Force, and something else...a power she used to defeat Ben on that bridge. It was a burst feelings, encased in a shell of other feelings.

Then she saw someone. She scowled in frustration trying to focus. Then she saw her, consumed by the Dark Side. She was drowning just as she was, slowly descending into the deep ocean. They stared at each other, and they both reached out like a reflection in a mirror.

And the moment their hands touched, Rey unleashed the Force within her. The water around her was pushed back until the surface burst open. And the next thing she knew she was on the island, coughing up water and gasping for air. She rolled onto her back, fighting to keep her eyes open, but exhaustion forced her unconscious.

The Falcon broke through the clouds, as Chewie searched for Rey. He saw Luke leave with the First Order but not Rey. It happened all too fast, but he saw Rey for a moment and then she was gone. He flew around the island twice, until finally he heard something, it was like thunder only it came from the ocean as if an explosive went off. And there she was, lying on the ground. Chewie landed the Falcon and ran out to pick up Rey. He laid her down on the medical-bed and placed a blanket over her. He didn't have to think where his next destination had to be, as he ran to the pilot's seat.

__________

"You have a choice," said Anakin as he stood by his grandson's side overlooking the hangar. "A choice I thought I never had."

"I've come too far," said Ben. "I can't go back now."

"Then don't go back," said Anakin. "You'd be surprised by what you find ahead. The past will leave its mark...let it. We are with you."

"We?" Ben turned. Standing beside him was Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda.

"End of the Jedi it is," said Yoda. "Reborn they will be."