Chapter 26

Kita took me into the locker room and said,"Here we are! Did Ms.Mikazuki assign you a locker yet?"

I responded with a shrug,"Yeah,but I don't think I'll ever be use it."

Kita giggled,"Silly,you have to! It's for storing extra uniform just for occasions like these! Well,that's what I use mine for." She does have a point. You probably have to pay for extra uniform though.

Kita sang,"Anyway,to my locker~!" We walked over to locker 3. She opened the locker and took a clean uniform out."Here you go," She said with a smile,"Nice and fresh! I'll leave you here to change clothes while I go clean up the mess. So I guess we'll be switching jobs today."

She was about to leave but I quickly said,"Wait!" Kita looked back questionably. I asked,"I was just wondering...Why are you being so nice to me? And why do you seem so happy?"

Kita smiled and answered,"My mother always told me being nice and giving a smile will help people smile too. And it might even bring good luck to you and the person your being nice to. I also have plenty to be happy for! A good paying with amazing coworkers. And even a cool boss! I've been working here for about three years now. I absolutely...love working here..." She then looked down with a concerned look and her voice seemed to trail off in the last sentence. Kita immediately looked up with a smile and said,"Now hurry up and change,people are probably wondering where their food is." She then walked out the room. Her mother put her good morals to live by. Only if my mom was so encouraging like hers...

But why did her voice trail off? Why did she look so bothered by saying she liked the job? I doubt she even really likes this job.

I undressed and put on her uniform. It was kind of tight,and the skirt pulled up higher than it originally was. I should have known not to trade clothes with someone shorter and thinner than me. I sighed with irritation as I looked in the bodylength mirror. This is going to earn some stares. I'm so glad we're switching jobs today. I took a deep breath and walked out the dressing room.

After a couple hours of working,I felt my phone vibrate in my apron. I looked over at one of my coworkers and asked,"Can I take this?" She nodded then I went out to the back hallway. I answered the phone and said,"Hello?"

"Hey,(Y/N)!" I groaned when I heard Tsaki on the other line. What does he want now? Tsaki continued,"I was wondering if you would like to hang out. Because you looked pretty sad this morning. So I thought I could cheer you up!" I would usually say no to this question but it's not like anyone is waiting for me at home...

"Sure,why not? Not like I have anyone waiting at home for me anymore..." It was silence after I said that.

Tsaki then asked,"Okay,when do you get off? Oh wait,where do you work?"

I looked up at the clock and answered,"I have about... Thirty minutes. And I work at Cutie Pie Bakery "

Tsaki said cheerfully,"Okay,I'll be there! See ya!~"

"Bye.." I said before hanging up. I really don't like how we're acting as if Shion doesn't exist. It hurts me so much. I wonder how Shion's doing. I hope he's okay. I put my phone in my pocket and headed back in the kitchen. As soon as the clock hit 12:30,Kita came and said, "A man is asking for you,(Y/N). Friend of yours?"

I sighed,"Kind of...I guess so..."

Kita said,"Alrighty. I'll take your uniform home and wash it so you can wear it tomorrow." I thanked her and headed out to the front,where Tsaki was. When he looked over at me his face went bright red.

Tsaki stuttered,"Well,your clothes look...tighter..."

I sighed,trying to ignore what he just said,"You need to drive me home first so I can change clothes..."

Tsaki nodded and said,"Alright." We walked out the shop and walked over to his car. We got in the car and Tsaki started the drive home. Tsaki glanced over at me and asked,"So how was work?"

"Okay..." I responded,staring out the window with a bored expression.

Tsaki said,"I know you're sad about what happened...And we can talk it out if you want to. Or we can start cheering you up! Where do you want to go?"

I said,"Anywhere you want,I guess." Tsaki nodded and continued driving. Once we got out the apartment,I got out the car and said,"I'll be right out." I closed the car door and started walking in my house.

Tsaki POV:
I am so happy! Now that Shion's gone,I might actually have a chance with (Y/N)! I mean...I liked Shion but he was kinda in the way. And I doubt he's in that much trouble...He did say she hurted him. Flashes of that day went through my head,though I couldn't see what was happening,I remember hearing Shion's cries for help and begging for forgiveness...

Flashback:

"Please don't let them take me! W-Whatever I did wrong,I won't do it again! Please,let me stay with you! Don't let them take me away! I beg of you,PLEASE!"

"Please don't let her hurt me again! Please help me,I beg of you!"

Flashback Ends

I felt a sharp sting in my chest. I muttered,"W-Well maybe he was exaggerating...He's not in any real trouble...I...hope..." Oh,I'm just worrying to much! He's possibly fine and maybe watching T.V or something! He's fine,I don't have to worry about him! All that matters is making (Y/N) forget about him and lighten up!

(Y/n) suddenly opened the car door and sat in the seat beside me. She said,"Okay,so where are we going?"

I said with a smile,"Out to eat,of course. It is passed lunch,you know!" I started the car and began driving.