04 / holy drunk

- big thanks to @wwyims for somehow getting me out of my funk and convincing me to write this. thx for reading! - 

luke hoped he didn't look as out of whack as he felt.

his cheeks felt hot and he couldn't feel his lips. he just kept laughing at everything and if he tried to stand he'd fall back onto the couch. ashton just kept handing him drinks and he kept downing them, until he felt queasy and declined one, only to take his next offer. luke felt pretty good, though.

ashton had been drinking alongside luke, though he could handle his liquor a lot better than the small boy could. that was clear.

"how're you doing?" ashton said huskily, his full attention on the blonde.

luke smiled, very relaxed. "really good," he said, allowing his head to lull back onto the cushion of the couch. he didn't realize it but he was sitting with one leg propped over the arm of the sofa, one foot on the floor. he was sprawled out. "i want some more pizza." he enunciated the z's.

"on my way, my prince," ashton stood up, walking to the pizza box on the coffee table and grabbing a slice for luke.

calum and michael had disappeared after having a conversation about video games, so luke assumed they were off in michael's bedroom playing on his game console. it was just ashton and luke, though he wasn't uncomfortable. they just listened to music and talked briefly, mostly about the song playing.

luke hummed. "i think of myself more as a princess," he said, taking the pizza. he couldn't think straight, and forgot why they were talking about princesses.

with a grin, ashton relaxed back into his spot a few feet away from luke. he just leaned into the cushions and looked lazily at luke, who was oblivious to the staring and was staring at michael's cat across the room. he was drunk, and suddenly had to pee. he handed his half-eaten pizza to ashton without explanation. after that, he stood up slowly and then ran to the bathroom.

once he finished relieving himself quickly and staring at himself in the mirror for a good three minutes, he struggled with the doorknob. 

he stumbled out into the living room once again, focusing on walking well enough not to swerve into a wall. ashton looked up from his phone at the scrawny blonde standing in the room and chuckled lowly. "are you okay?" he asked and luke smiled with his eyes half closed. 

"yeah," he said and he didn't recognize his own voice. "i'm sinning so hard right now."

"go to confession then, virgin boy," ashton said.

luke rolled his eyes bravely. "that's catholics."

he took a seat in front of the unlit fireplace where michael's cat was asleep. unfortunately, he woke her up when he plopped down too hard and she ran away. he wondered what calum and michael were up to and thought about climbing the stairs to find out, finally deciding the million steps would be worth the struggle. 

luke stood up once more and dragged his body passed ashton, who, quick as lightning, grabbed the latter's wrist and yanked him back once more. "where are you going?" he asked. 

"let gooo of me," luke said and yanked his hand away from ashton, feigning hurt. he cradled the tingling wrist to his chest and stared at the curly haired punk. "i'm going t' find michael. i'm  tired." he slurred his words at the end. ashton found it endearing. 

"no, you're not." 

a disgusted look graced luke's face as his nose crinkled, his lips parting as he bared his teeth at ashton. he was not going to be told what to do by some delinquent who didn't even know him! so he turned on his heel -- albeit too fast and got a tad bit dizzy -- to start for the stairs anyways, since this man wasn't in charge of him.