Chapter Fifty Seven- Thinking Out Loud

Elizabeth

Today was the day. The Rising Stars Tour was going to kick off where it all started, and I was emotional to say the least. Everything was packed onto the tour bus and ready to go. I wasn't anywhere ready to go, but that's not really up to me now is it.

I change into a white halter top and a black and red flannel shirt. I add some blue jean shorts and knee high black boots. I let my hair fly because I don't need to get upset with it today. I apply some sexy red lipstick before calling it a day. I look in the mirror and couldn't help but smile, I had a little bit of the farm with me in the flannel, a little bit of the Hawks with me in the black and red, and the band with me with the trendy outfit.

Tonight was special to me in so many ways. My real dad and his family, my adopted family, Patrick and his family, and some guys from the team were all going to be there. It was my last night in Chicago for a while and it's going to be so hard to say goodbye to this place I've learned to love. But the tour was totally sold out and we had a lot of work to do over the next few months so I should be able to keep my mind busy.

After crying only a little when I said goodbye to Precious I arrive at the Chicago theatre. We warm up and do a meet and greet. It was the first one of the year and I was so excited. Everyone who had VIP got to hang with us and get a group photo. They watched us rehearse and asked a ton questions. I had a lot of fun and met so many cool people. They even gave me neat stuff like a Hawks jersey with Star and the number 88 on the back, how cute is that? And since I tweet about wanting cookies about twice a day I got a bunch of snackies for the road.

Soon enough people were filing in for the concert and it was setting in that this is really happening. We were about to start touring.

"Hey Liz, you nervous" Viv asks like she does before every performance.

"Yes" I scoff.

"Well don't be, we've done choreography a million times and you wrote almost all these songs, you will be great" she smiles. God I love her.

Finally it was time, we take our marks liked we rehearsed and I looked around.

"You guys ready" I ask.

"Lets do this shit" Andrew cheers causing me to giggle. The pre show music stops and the cheers start. It gets really loud and I get chills all over my body. They raise the giant curtain in front of us and I look out into the crowd. There was no room to move out there, it was crazy. Just when I thought they couldn't cheer any louder they do and I almost forget my cue. Finally I start and hit my foot on the stomping board to a steady beat. I add in a few snaps and get help from my back ground singers as the smile on my face spreads.

"Y'all ready to have fun tonight" I yell and all the lights turn on. We start the first song which is This City because, well it was about this city. I have fun just being myself and messing around on stage like always. We had ramps and stairs and other fun things to interact with. After about three songs we bring it down and I get a chance to scan faces. A few I recognize from the meet and greet or was family or friends, but most of them I've never seen before.

"Before we do this next song I wanted to talk to you guys, you won't mind right" I ask sitting at the edge of the stage. They start cheering and I wave at a group of people.

"I just wanted to say thank you for going on this journey with us. This band, we're new to all of this and your support means the world to us. You're the reason any of this is possible and I hope we're doing a good job" I say. I find Patrick and smile to myself trying not to get lost in his eyes.

"Well tonight's going to be a great night because we're not sure what to expect so we're gonna give it our all but that only works if we get feedback. So let me hear y'all" I say and the crowd roars as loud as it's been tonight. How great is that?