24 - November 27

It's Thanksgiving's Day.

Normally, my mom and I would celebrate at this posh restaurant near her workplace. But we also normally have Leslie with us... so, that didn't happen this year.

The only constant thing today was my da-father visiting. Him, and his turkey and his jolly Thanksgiving spirit.

I greeted him with my poker face and silence, which he didn't like.

He gave me that bullshit again about driving all the way from Boston to hangout with me and lectured me about the importance of "family" this holiday. That fucker, as if Boston is million miles away from here. He said he misses his "best bud." It's just such an infuriating sight, seeing him try so hard to get back into our lives when mom doesn't even care about him anymore and Leslie's long gone.

The thing is, my father is an impatient and hypocrite person. And god forbid if you bruise his ego, you better run.

Which was kind of what I did. I stared at him with an emotionless face before walking back to my room in the middle of his speech.

Except I didn't reach my room.

Oh, no. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and slammed me against the wall, his fist greeted my nose. Wham! Crack! Pretty sure it was my nose that got broken instead of his hand.

"I didn't came here just for you to disrespect me, boy! Your sister would never do some shit like that." Because you scared her, asshole.

Another punch with extra kick on the side was served. And I didn't fight back. Turned out, jerk was drunk again and mom finally filed a restraining order against him when she got home.

As much as my face and ribs are hurting right now, I can't help but be happy and thankful that Leslie's gone. At least she doesn't have to put up with that monster anymore.