51 - January 13

After I read your message, I immediately replied "yes," with my mom's permission this time, of course.

She left early for her work but gave me that speech about biology stuff before leaving and I was honestly mortified. Thank goodness, you weren't here to witness that.

I knew you brought your own clothes, but the smile on your face when I offered my hoodie was indescribable.

I decided to impress you by showing off my mediocre cooking skills with chicken nuggets and omelette, which later turned out to be scrambled eggs. You sneaked up behind me, wrapping your arms around my waist, and chuckled when you saw my deformed omelette.

We ate in my bed, watching all the movies you picked in silence. In the third movie, we found ourselves curled up in each other's arms, eyes on the screen but fingertips dancing on each other's skins.

It felt surreal, like another dream I know I couldn't have in reality. And as much as I love having you here, it's driving me insane not knowing why.

"Al-t-thea, why... why are you here?"

You turned to face me. "Because I want to."

"Did... did s-something hap-happened?"

You didn't answer for a moment. You inched closer, bringing your hand up to my face. Your fingertip traced my lips up to the fading scar on my right forehead. All I could do was stare in your teary eyes while you looked at every part of my face.

"My stepbrother stole something from me." Your voice cracked.

I knew then it wasn't money that was taken.