T H R E E - Moving In

Happy reading, Sade xx

_________________________

WIPING off the thick layer of dust that covered the outside of her suitcase made Charlotte question when the last time she took a vacation was.

Maybe a couple of years ago when she went on a family vacation to Fiji? Or was it Hawaii, anyway, she knew it was one of those tropical paradises.

It didn't matter because now she was packing what she thought she needed to live out her days with a complete stranger.

"Oh stop sulking Char," those words came from one of Charlotte's closest friends Bianca.

Charlotte glared at her as she angrily folded her blazer.

"Really B, sulking? How would you feel if you were manipulated into living with someone who you don't know and just met for heaven knows how long?" She exasperated.

She couldn't believe she fell into this deal, how could she have been so obsolete on the day she signed the contact? Was her judgement so cloudy that she didn't even bother reading the fine print?

'...employment for an irresolute period of time or until termination which can only be decided by either Mr. Enzo or Mrs. Isabel De Luca...'

'... both parties must live together during the period of employment...'

When Charlotte re-read the contract she couldn't understand why she had just blindly signed over her fate so easily. The only sort of comfort that she had was that the credibility her company was getting.

"Is there really nothing you could find?" She asked meekly, hoping that Bianca's Law degree would come in handy and could spot something that she may have missed out.

"This," Bianca said while waving the contract around, "is the embodiment of an iron clad contract, zero loopholes or negotiation factors, who ever drew this up definitely knew his shit."

"Great" she deadpanned while glaring at the stack of papers.

"Really Char; living in a penthouse with a hot, rich and not to mention single guy. Many would consider you a very lucky girl" Bianca said in a melodic tone as she helped pack in the rest of Charlotte's clothing.

CHARLOTTE stood in front of the familiar door, suitcase in hand and Bianca by her side. She pressed the door bell and soon after heard footsteps echo through her new residence.

The door opened revealing Nicolas De Luca, and if she wasn't mistaken she may have heard Bianca let out a little gasp. Dressed in some denim jeans a casual long sleeved sweater, he looked as dashing as always.

"Good afternoon Ms. Stien prompt as ever, and who might this be?" He inquired.

"I'm Bianca Daley, Charlotte's friends." Replied Bianca, a soft shade of red covered her cheeks.

Charlotte scoffed, not even a full minute in his presence and she's already lost her best friend to the 'so called' charms possessed by the De Luca men.

"Well then ladies, please allow me to escort you to where Ms. Stien shall be residing"

Looking giddy Bianca quickly followed Nicolas down the hallway leaving Charlotte standing in the foyer.

As she entered the room, she was taken aback. The room was designed to have a sophisticated look; much like the rest of the apartment, it had a spectacular view of the city. Beautiful silver and lilac colours were seen all over, the four poster best stood in the middle of the space done up with too many pillows than needed, A white vanity with a small stool before it as well as two metallic bedside tables completed the look of the room.

"Wow," Charlotte heard herself say out loud.

"I'm glad you find this room to suit your tastes. The bathroom is down the hall and your closet is through the door over here."

The soft click of the door closing signaled that Nicolas had left, leaving the two standing there taking in the beauty of the sight before them.

Walking towards the bed she reached out to touch the duvet cover, she let out a sigh; it was the softest material her hands have ever felt, probably made from the finest Egyptian cotton available.

"Damn girl, looks like you're gonna be living it up for the next few months"

Nodding in agreement while wheeling her suitcase towards the double doors of the closet. that opened to reveal every girl's dream wardrobe.

"Holy shit" she breathed out in awe.

She opened the doors to reveal every girl's dream wardrobe and she could've sworn that in that moment she heard a melodic hum of a choir.

Before her was a floor to ceiling white shelf for her shoes, racks and rails with silver hangers to match the room's colour scheme. As well as white vanity in the center with lights lining the perimeter of the mirror.

"Well then, maybe living with Nicolas would be that bad as you thought," Mused Bianca.

Maybe it wasn't.

SEBASTIAN Kingston was taken aback when the door of his best friend's apartment opened to show a petite brunette looking up at him. Odd he thought, he looked down to check his watch read 1:39 PM, way too late for a one night stand to still be there.

"Hello, I'm Charlotte" she greeted while extending her hand.

"Sebastian," he replied, "Is Nicolas here ?"

"I believe he walked down that hallway but I'm not sure where he is"

He gave her a smile and made his way straight towards where he knew Nic would be; his office.

"Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the duration of a one night stand, you know? One night?" Inquired Sebastian.

"Seb, what are you talking about?" He asked not looking up from his computer screen.

"The brunette that answered the door? C'mon Nic, you couldn't have forgotten her that fast. Well unless she wasn't very good."

"Who ?" Nicolas questioned; but then it dawned on him, Sebastian was talking about Charlotte, "I didn't sleep with her Sebastian."

"Now I'm confused."

Nicholas let out a loud sigh and went forth to explain the new living arrangements his mother had set up for him.

After a pause Sebastian let out a hearty laugh, "Man, I can't believe Aunty Izzie got you a nanny," he said whilst clutching his stomach.

"She's not my nanny, shes will be taking the role of my behavioral supervisor for the time being;" said Nic in an annoyed tone.

"Hmm, sure Nickie, what ever makes you sleep at night."

"But Seb, no one else can know about this," he said as he pulled the contract out of his drawer and plopped it down on his desk.

"Damn man, I didn't know it was this serious."

"Apparently it's serious enough for the to threaten my position at the company as well."

Nic slumped down on his desk hoping that this was all just a bad dream.

If only it was...

________________________________

I'm sorry for the late upload ! I had a really busy day yesterday and wrote most of this on my phone.

This chapter is a bit of a filler so it is quite short, I'll make it up and try to write a longer one for the next upload ;D

Stay tuned because the next chapter has a lil bit of drama.....

Please feel free to comment and don't forget to vote if you've enjoyed reading 💖