Chapter 11: Preparing For Lizzie's Ball

~Sorry this came out late. My cousins came from California two days before June 3rd. June 3rd was when I left for Myrtle Beach. I came back June 10th at 11:15

{Please comment any mistakes, I wrote this when I was tired}

Reader~Chan's POV
It's been weeks and I'm not sick anymore. It's a good thing really, since Elizabeth is having a ball today.

The ball is obviously here, at Ciel's Estate, since she seems to never have them at her place.

If I'm being honest with myself here, I'm scared. I've never been to a ball before. What do you even do? Dance? Eat? Both? I don't know! Knowing that I work for Ciel, I won't be doing anything fun. I'll be doing nothing but work.

I jump when I hear the door suddenly open.

"Ahaha! Did I scare you?"

I turn to see Bard, Finny, and Mey-rin. Bard obviously has a cigarette in his mouth, Finny has a more happy look, and Mey-rin is being Mey-rin.

"Hey guys," I get up and start walking toward them. "What's up?"

"Oh! Can I tell her?" Mey-rin says excitedly, while jumping up and down.

Bard sighs. "Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

Mey-rin claps her hands in excitement before answering. "We don't have to work the ball!"

"Really? No work? No work at all?"

"Well," Finny starts. "We have to help decorate, but other than that, no."

I smile. "Wow. Well, let's start so we can get done early!"

I grab Finny's hand, which grabs Bard's, which grabs Mey-rin's. I lead them to the main entrance room. I quickly run to the decorations and hand them out.

I give Bard the streamers since he's taller, Finny the pink flowers, and Mey-rin the blue ones.

After I give each of them their decorations, they scatter around the room and place them.

I leave the side of the table and head to the kitchen. In there, there is Sebastian. Not really surprising.

"Hi Sebastian," I greet. "Whatcha making?"

Sebastian doesn't respond, he just continues with what he's doing. I notice once again that he took off his tailcoat and rolled his sleeves up, but didn't take off his gloves.

"Sebastian?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you wear your gloves when you cook?"

"It's sanitary."

He does have a point there. The only problem with that is that they made new gloves that are meant for cooking. Ciel has them.

"Yeeaaah, but there are special gloves for that now."

Sebastian, again, doesn't say anything. Does he have a specific reason that he doesn't want me to know? Does he hate the new gloves they made for cooking? I will never know.

"Alright, well I'm going to help finish the decorations. If you need any help, just let me know." I leave the kitchen and go to the main entrance room.

It's completely decked out. Pink flowers, which represent Lizzie, and blue flowers, which represent Ciel, are scattered across the room. Some are on the walls. The streamers hang from the CIELing(sorry I had too). They also hang from the walls.

"Wow."

"We did a fantastic job, right?" Bard asks coming up next to me.

"Did you guys finish?"

Finny then jumps onto my back. "Yeah we did."

I put my hands behind Finny's knees to keep him from falling. I run around the room with him on my back. A loud voice makes me stop.

"Stop messing around, we have a mansion to clean."

I turn to where the voice is coming from and see Sebastian. He still doesn't have his tailcoat on and his sleeves are still rolled up.

Finny slowly falls off my back, probably because he's scared.

We all then head to different parts of the mansion to clean. I got the library, Bard got the kitchen, Mey-rin got the halls, Finny got the bathrooms, and Sebastian got the rest.

I offered to clean some if the rooms Sebastian got, but he refused. I wonder what's up with him. He always wears his gloves, he does most of the work here, and he's so harsh to Bard, Finny, and Mey-rin.

I don't know what it is, but I'll find out.

Question, do you guys like the new cover? I think it looks better than the old one. Let me know what you think.

Is this story getting better? Is there anything you think I should change? Please comment your opinion. It would really help.

I don't know if I said it yet, but thanks for over 1K reads! I really appreciate it!