Chapter 9 - Girl's Night

I pulled Shelly into the tightest hug I'd ever given her.

"Damn, Sawyer. I missed you too." She laughed as we rocked side to side embracing each other tightly.

"I've been going crazy without you." I said as we took a seat at a table near the window of Barrera, a cute little restaurant downtown.

"Me too. I've been having to tell Luke all my work gossip and I think he's over it." She laughed and I looked down when she mentioned Luke.

I hadn't seen him since that night he'd showed up at Eric's house and that was about a week ago. It was still weird to know that someone else knew about Eric and I. I trusted Luke completely, but it still made me uneasy.

"I miss you guys. I miss us hanging out like everyday." I told her honestly. I hated that Yoshi had put us in this awkward space.

"Well, maybe it'll blow over." She said hopeful and I had to smile at that. She was always trying to look on the bright side.

"I hope so. And by the way, I love this hair! It's sexy on you." I said and she smiled and did a little dance in her chair.

"I love it too. I feel like a new person. I let that girl Toni do it." She said and I nodded.

"Shit, I might need to make an appointment too. My hair's been getting out of control." I was lying about going to Toni, but I was serious about my hair being out of control. It was too hot to have all this hair on my head.

"Wait, what are you doing tonight?" Shelly asked as if the thought had just come to mind.

"Um, nothing. Why?"

She smiled mischievously, "Summer Jam 3 is tonight." She said rubbing her hands together like Birman causing me to laugh.

    "And let me guess, you want to go?" I asked smiling

"Just me and you. We'll put on some bathing suits, have some drinks, just have a really good girl's night out." She didn't know she didn't have to sell it to me because I was more than down to go. I'd do just about anything if it took my mind off of what I'd agreed to do with Yoshi.

"I'm down." I said laughing as Shelly stuck her tongue out and twerked a little in her seat.

Little did we both know, tonight was about get interesting

_

I checked myself out in the car window one more time before Shelly came around and grabbed my arm, dragging me towards the party entrance.

"I'm so excited. Everybody's gonna be here tonight." Shelly said as we entered the front doors of the mansion that Summer Jam was being held in.

It was a three story party house and undoubtedly the biggest house I'd ever been in. Almost the entire first floor, was made of glass that overlooked the spacious backyard and swimming pool. As Shelly and I moved through the crowd a couple of guys reached out grabbing our hands, trying to get us to stop for them. I could tell most of the people here were from out of town and that made me even more excited. I felt like I could really turn up because these were people I'd never have to see again.

Shelly headed straight for the outside bar and I was hot on her heels. "Two shots of tequila please." She asked the bartender and I looked at her with a raised brow.

"That's how you feeling?" I asked with a slick smile.

"I'm trying to be sloppy by the time I make it to Luke tonight." She said taking her shot to the head.

"To being sloppy." I teased, holding my shot glass in the air and then throwing it back, wincing when the liquor hit my throat.

"Let's go be cute by the pool." Shelly nodded as we found an empty spot by the side of the pool and I stripped out of my jean shorts taking a seat on the edge.