Chapter 10 - Rakim Wallace Must Die / Yoshi and Sawyer Sitting in A Tree...

*Before you read: This chapter is going to start getting into the real issues going on with Yoshi and I have to do that through flashbacks as much as I hate it. So it might not be super interesting, but it's important for what's to come.* - feedback is encouraged so that I can stay motivated lol

I was stuck at work fighting a hangover because of Summer Jam 3 last night. I was literally leaning over the counter with my eyes half open and I didn't bother to stand up when the door chimed and a customer walked in.

"Damn, they haven't fired you yet?" I heard Yoshi's voice and all I could do was roll my eyes. I didn't have the physical strength to do anything else.

"You alive?" It was Yoshi again, leaning all in my face and using his fingers to lift my eyelids.

"Could you stop??" I swatted his hand away and closed my eyes again.

"Here. Take this." Yoshi stuffed two pills into my hands and sat a bottle of orange juice on the counter.

"What's this?" I said sitting up and eyeing the pills in my hand.

"Ibuprofen. The strongest one." He said and I nodded before popping the pills and quickly gulping down the orange juice.

"So I guess you and Shelly had a good time?"

I looked up at him and gave a simple shrug. "It was ok. I pretty much drank just to keep myself from being bored."

Lie.

"Your snapchat was wild." He said still looking at me.

I was starting to fidget because I didn't know if he knew something or if I was just being paranoid.

"Really?" I picked up my phone going straight to my snapchat. I had no memory of even being on snapchat last night.

"Yeah, it looked fun." He laughed a little as I found my story and began watching it.

The first few were videos of Shelly and I singing songs in the car, then there was one of us by the pool and then there was one in the kitchen. Shelly and I were making a video when Solomon came jumping in making ugly faces in the camera. The look of pure happiness on our faces made it look like we were all long time friends.

I looked up at Yoshi and sucked my teeth.

"I was really drunk." I defended myself.

"I'm not tripping off that." He smiled. "You looked like you had fun and you needed that." He said and I nodded wondering if he would have the same reaction if he knew everything else that happened at the party.

"It was nice to hang out with Shelly."

"I bet." He said as he began playing on his phone. A sure sign that he was not trying to talk about it further.

"It's not too late to apologize." I told him and he looked up at me with a blank look in his eyes.

"It's really not that deep to me. I don't trust her and I got a few reasons why. Until you and Luke see what I see, I don't expect y'all to understand."

Usually I take what Yoshi says as gospel, but today as much as I hated to admit it, he sounded crazy.

The door chimed again, this time I turned to see who was entering and immediately my body went cold.

Yoshi saw him and he stood upright facing him with his jaws clenched and fists balled up tight.

"What's good nephew?" Rakim sauntered over to Yoshi with his hand out and a wide grin on his face. When he was met with Yoshi's signature mean mug, Rakim dropped his hand, but kept the smile. "Aww, come on nephew. It ain't gotta be all that. You been ducking me since I came home." Rakim was still smiling.