~Chapter 3: Back at the Candy-kingdom~

~wow...it's been a while...well anyways here is a chapter, if you're still reading.~

You and Fin had been walking for quite a while, and soon you were back at the candy kingdom. Fin had offered to carry the basket while you were walking and you decided you had been carrying it long enough, so you let him carry it the rest of the way back. Once you had entered the large candy doors in to the ballroom, Princess Bubblegum rushed up to Fin and took the basket from him gently. 

"Thanks Fin." she said sweetly as she gave the basket to Peppermint butler, who struggled to put it where the rest of the treats were. "come Fin." she said as she began to walk away "I'm going to need your help with somethings."

Fin nodded eagerly "sure princess." he said as he walked after her.

Not knowing what else to do you walked over to where Jake was, sitting on a windowsill, that was out looking the Candy-Kingdom. you sigh softly as you sit next to him.

"Whats got you down in the dumps (Y/N)?" he says as he takes his gaze away from the Candy-Kingdom to look at you.

You shrug slightly "oh, it's nothing really."

"Nah, something's up. you usually don't sigh for no reason." 

You let out a soft chuckle and answer back "Well, you know how Fin is looked upon as ,like ,this great hero?"

Jake nods "yea, he has saved the kingdom from total destruction ,glob knows, how many times."

"well," you start off hesitantly. "I've always wanted to be a hero...or at least know what it feels like to be one."

Jake looks back to where pies were at the table. "Well you're my hero."

You you look back to where Jake is looking, but you still don't understand. "what do ya mean, Jake?"

"You brought pie!" he says enthusiastically. "That makes you a hero in my book."

You sigh a little heavier this time. "No. I want to be a real hero, you know, the ones that save lives, the ones that children look up upon and say 'I wanna be just like them when i grow up.'"

Jake gave you a sympathetic look, but he was hatching up an idea. "I'm sure you will have your chance."

You smile and stand up. "yea...one of these days." you begin to walk out of the room, but Jake stretched over to you.

"Where are you going?" He said a he slightly blocked the exist.

You give him a confused look and pointed to the door. "to get ready for the ball. I starts tonight, right?" 

Jake chuckles and gets out of your way, "oops my fault."

"It's chill." you say as you make your way back to your house.