Y/n And Alycia, Sitting In A Tree

"Sit" I pointed a stern finger at Apollo, raising my eyebrow at the boy who kept standing up on the examining table.

I looked around the room then settled on my girlfriend who was glued to her phone. "I'm kinda nervous." I whispered at her as I kept a hand on Apollo's back.

"For what?" She asked, locking her phone and putting it back into her pant pocket.

"What if they fuck up our baby's ears?" I pout, looking at the puppy, grabbing his floppy ears as he leaned into my touch.

"Don't count on it. This is the best vet in LA. Trust me, baby, he'll be fine." She kissed the side of my head reassuringly then focused her attention on the dog. "He's a tough boy. You're a tough boy aren't you baby. You know what else? A good boy! Who's a good boy? You're a good boy, that's right!" She began using baby talk that she knew Apollo liked, causing him to stand up once again.

"Sit!" Immediately his little butt hit the metal table.

"Miss Cabello?" The veterinarian asked as she came in, eyes glued to her grey clipboard.

Apollo stood up at the sight of someone new, wagging his sad excuse of a tail. "Sit, baby." I cooed, rubbing his back to calm him.

"Which of you are Miss Cabello?"

"That's me." Camila and I say at the same time, causing both of their heads to snap towards me.

"I'm sorry, are you two married?"

"Not yet." I sighed out.

"Engaged?"

"Not yet." I sighed heavier. Camila punched my shoulder roughly, silently asking me to stop my games. "Ignore her. I'm Camila Cabello." The vet nodded with a small smile.

"And this beautiful boy must be Apollo." She said, extending her hand to let the puppy catch her friendly scent.

"You're here to drop him off for his surgery correct?" She asked, checking her clipboard once more. "Righto" Camila said with a small smile.

"This isn't gonna hurt him right?" I asked, worried about my baby being in any pain.

"His ears will be a little tender for a week or two after the surgery during healing, but don't worry, he'll get medication and a cute cone to prevent him from hurting himself any further." I sighed in relief. At least I'll be doing everything I can to keep him from any further pain.

"Well, that's all for now, come for him tomorrow evening and he'll already have his first wraps on." We nodded and excited the office, but not before I kissed him and told him he was a 'Good Boy!' About 10 or 12 times.

"I miss him, Camila." I pouted slightly. "Y/n, we haven't even left. Start the car." I continued to pout as I gained no sympathy from my girlfriend.

I started the car and pulled onto the road.

"You're getting a call." Camila announced as she picked up my phone from the cup holder, examining the name slowly. "Well who is it?" I asked impatiently knowing I'd miss the call soon.

"Alycia."

"Alycia!" The car jerked forward as my body jumped in excitement. "Answer! Answer!"

"Jesus christ." Camila mumbled as she put the phone on speaker.

I cleared my throat and quickly composed myself, "Hello?" I asked once I knew I was ready.

"Y/n?" Her soft tone filled the air.

"Yeah, mate, it's me."

"What are you doing?"

"Camila and I just dropped Apollo off at the vet. He's getting his ears cropped."