Chapter 4

*From now on I will be using different POV's. as with my other book I will show this by putting down the persons name in bold and then a colon. For example; Legolas: hi people of Earth.*

Legolas:

I can't believe that of all the people I should meet at a time like this, it would be Tÿlae. I met her when I was merely 14 years old, and she 13. She had been abandoned by her mother at birth, left to the care of her father, Lord Lirûn.

It wasn't until I was 17 that she told me her full story. She said that she was half-elven, but not in the usual human-elf way. Her father was a Rynn, a completely different species than dwarf, hobbit, man, or even elf, for they have the power of the One. Not only was he a Rynn, but he was their Overlord, meaning he was the most powerful of them all, and controlled the entire race. However, their appearance is very similar to elves, having pointed ears and a fair face.

The power of the One enables them to draw magic from the surrounding air, and harness that magic, turning it into anything they could think of.

I smile, remembering how she demonstrated this by setting my tunic on fire.

Tÿlae's mother had used Lord Lirûn for his power, and as soon as she gave birth to Tÿlae, she left the poor girl and her distraught father.

Tÿlae grew up with only her father and his only son to raise her. She was a fierce warrior, and when her brother died, she became even more so.

That is how we met. Her father decided that for her to be able to improve her fighting skills the best she could, she should be sent to train with the elves of Northern Mirkwood, my father's kingdom.

When she first arrived, it was obvious that her first choice in weapon was the longsword. Her skill with a bow, however, was something to be questioned. As the best archer in my age group, and for that matter most of the kingdom, I was assigned to help her with archery.

We quickly became friends, though her archery skills remained horrible.

As I'm remembering all of this, I wonder what she could possibly be doing here, in the land of the Dunedain.

"Legolas?" Arathorn asks me, a trace of worry in his voice.

"Yes?" I answer him.

"I just asked if you had taken care of all the goblins?" Arathorn repeats himself, though I hadn't heard him the first time due to my reminiscing.

"Yes, well no...well, I had help from Tÿlae." I stutter, not quite sure of my answer.

"Ah, yes of course. Quite eager to prove yourself, aren't you Tÿlae?" Arathorn asks her teasingly.

"My lord, it seemed like the best thing to do. The only thing, in fact." Tÿlae answers without hesitation.

I raise my eyebrows with surprise, "You two know each other?"

"Yes, my prince. Actually, I've been meaning to ask you about something, but I'll wait until morning. You two could do with some rest, and my wife and I could do with some sleep after being rudely awoken by those damned goblins." Arathorn tells Tÿlae and I, "I'll show each if you to your rooms."

Arathorn starts walking down a short hallway, glancing over his shoulder to make sure that we are following him.

He stops in front of one of the doors, "Here you are, Lady Tÿlae." He holds open the door for her, and she walks inside.

Before Lord Arathorn closes the door, she turns to me and says, "Goodnight Legolas. I'll see you in the morning."

I bow my head slightly as I reply, "Goodnight to you too, Tÿlae."

Arathorn closes the door softly behind her, and turns to the room opposite.

"This will be your room, Prince Legolas."

"Just Legolas, please. And thank you, so much. For ever-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Not now. There is time plenty for talking tomorrow, but for now you must rest."

I agree, "Yes, of course. Goodnight, Lord Arathorn."

"Since you insist on my not calling you prince, I insist you call me Arathorn. No need for silly titles among friends."

"Very well." I answer amiably, closing the door behind me. I walk over to a bench by the window, and sit down on it. This is going to be a long night.