Chapter 13

*Please look at the trailer on YouTube called: Lost Love(A Legolas Thranduilion Fanfiction) Book Trailer*

Legolas:

I awaken the morning after the funeral, feeling much too full of energy. I look around the room and spot Tÿlae, still fast asleep in the chair beside my bed. She shivers slightly, pulling her knees up to her chest.

I grab the blanket from my bed and wrap it around her sleeping form before heading out of the room. The sun has just begun to rise, and I must say the view is breathtaking.

I walk around the camp for a little while, greeting a few familiar faces. As the sun continues to rise, I spot Benor walking hastily toward me. I start to greet him, but he cuts me off short.

"Ah, Legolas! Just the man I was looking for. Where's Tÿlae?"

"She's in the recovery room sleeping. Why do you ask?" I say, frowning slightly.

"Good, good." Benor says, ignoring my question and instead walking in the direction of the recovery room. He motions for me to follow, so I do.

I try to ask him what he's doing, but every time he just waves his hand dismissively. We finally reach the room and walk in, finding Tÿlae still fast asleep.

Tÿlae:

I am jerked out of my dream quite suddenly as I feel someone shaking my shoulder and whispering my name.

"Tÿlae...wake up. Benor wants to talk to us."

I recognize the voice as Legolas's, and almost subconsciously make sure that I can feel fabric covering my skin. You never know with guys nowadays. I'm too tired to respond, so I just mumble a bit and turn away from his voice.

"Tÿlae, come on. I know you're awake."

After a few seconds of silence I suddenly feel someone standing right beside me. I can feel their breath on my cheek, that's how close they are.

"Tÿlae, if you don't get up right now, I'm going to kiss you." Legolas says.

I snap my eyes open, jumping out of the chair I'm in.

I glare at Legolas, who's grinning like the fool he is.

Benor let's out a chuckle, "You two really are an odd pairing."

I see a flicker of pain cross Legolas' features, and think that he must be thinking of Allanae. I'll have to ask him later.

For now all I can do is blush and say unconvincingly,"We're--I mean--We're not together. We're just friends."

"Mhm." Benor says, winking and tapping the side of his nose conspiratorially.

I begin to argue with him, but he doesn't let me.

"I'm not here to bicker about relationships. I have something much more important to tell you."

"Go on." Legolas says, crossing his arms.

"A band of goblins has been spotted just a few miles away. We think they've holed up in a cave there, waiting for the opportune moment. The Rangers and I are going out to stop them before they can attack. I want you two with as well."

"Of course," I say with a courteous nod, "When do we leave?"

"Now. The horses are already waiting, along with the other men, so grab what weapons you need and then we'll be on our way." Benor says, smiling enthusiastically.

Legolas:

I have no idea what came over me when I told Tÿlae I'd kiss her. I must have known that she'd get up if I said it, I tell myself. There's no other explanation. It's not as if I actually like her in that way. I mean, when Benor assumed we were together, I still thought of Allanae. I'm not sure if that's too good, but it shows that I don't have feelings for Tÿlae. I think. And even if I do, there is no way she would ever feel the same way.

I shake my head to clear it, then thank Benor for allowing us to go with him and the Rangers.

Once he's left, leaving us so we can get ready, Tÿlae looks at me with worry, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Legolas, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Completely fine, Tÿlae." I say, smiling at her. As soon as I make eye contact I regret it. Maybe convincing myself I don't have feelings for her would be easier if she wasn't so beautiful. A flash of guilt runs through me, but I remind myself of when Allanae entered my dream. This is what she wants. She wants me to fall in love again, to move on, start a new life.

"Are you sure?" Tÿlae asks me.

I nod my head, then walk away to collect my bow and quiver of arrows, both of which I sling over my back.

"Is it about Allanae?"

I walk over to my two long knives, not looking at Tÿlae as I place them in their sheathes and then tie the sheathes to my belt.

I think about Tÿlae's question. Is it about Allanae? I start to answer that yes, it is. But then I realise that it's not about Allanae at all. It's Tÿlae.

I turn to face Tÿlae, "No, it's not about her."

"Then what's wrong?" She asks, avid when I shake my head she walks over to me, taking hold of both my shoulders.

"Legolas. Tell me."

I seriously consider telling her, just to ease the doubt nagging in the back of my mind, but I just can't do it. Not now.

"I can't." I say quietly.

Tÿlae looks at me for a second, then surprises me by giving me yet another hug, which I gratefully return. When we pull apart, Tÿlae gives me a serious look.

"When you can tell me, please do. I don't like seeing you so indecisive and worried. That's my job, not yours."

Tÿlae then walks off to get her longsword, after which we walk to the stables together to join the other Rangers.

*Sorry, bit of a boring chapter! I promise though that the next one is super exciting and action packed(as well as extra long!)*

Vote because bows

Comment because swords

Fan because axes

Love you guys! <3