Chapter Five

°Chapter Five°
°He Simply Dreaded This°

"The team which was dealing with Eyepatch in America has been eliminated." Arima Kishou announced in his usual dry and stoic voice.

Outraged growls followed the announcement, some investigators slamming their fists down on the tables while others simply ground their teeth in frustration.

"What the hell?! How did he escape?!" Ground out a young investigator, he was among the group whom had assaulted the tables with his fist.

"The investigators were found disembowelled, even after the autopsy they could not determin the cause of death," Arima countinued, taking a quick sip of his coffee.

"We plan on deploying a group of investigators to eliminate the Eyepatch ghoul, or better known, Ken Kaneki. Akira Mado, Amon Koutarou and investigator Ui will participate in the hunt as admin. The others will be Juuzou Suzuya and Yukinori Shinohara. The CCG devision wishes tje five of you the best of luck." Arima drew the meeting to an end, the five investigators of which had been named stood, briefly glancing at each other.

~~~~~

An honed look had formed on Kaneki's face as he stared out the window.

Tall, green pine trees zipped passed his line of vision as they quickly passed them.

Kaneki didn't like this ordeal one bit.

Theres was an constant threat hanging above his head, and the fact he couldn't even speak made it all that much worse.

That and they had been driving for what, two days? Three days? Kaneki had honestly lost track. They had all just blended together, becoming one long, sleepless trip.

He was exhausted. He knew it was unhealthy and lowered his senses but he feared unconsciousness.

He feared what the lull of sleep would bring. Nightmares? Memories? Desires? Non of it appealed to him.

He feared that if he slept he'd return there. And he simply could not return there!

The very thought of being back there, being bludgeoned, burned, cut, severed, violated and psychologically tortured caused him the overwhelming feeling of bile ascending up his throat.

He banished the infectious thoughts by concentrating on the blaring music that filled the car.

He recognized it as Metallica, and he quietly listened, mulling over the lyrics, over turning every word, even going as far as to spell them in his head to keep the painful memories at bay.

He sorted out what instrument was what.

He was broken out of his trance like thoughts by Dean, announcing they're arrival.

They had arrived at a run doen looking motel, the parking lot was gravel and the grass was unkempt.

"Our first stop, an exorcism ladies and gentlemen!" Dean said cheerfully grinning as he pumped his fists to the beat of the music.

Kaneki dreaded this even more each moment.

Ahahaha~ you see I have returned kiddies~! Sorry this chapter was short, my life is pretty busy right now due to school and my beginning to sell my crappy art. Yay. But anywaaaaayyyyy, please vote if you enjoyed this chapter and comment any criticism! Get me if my ass people!

Sayonara!!