4: Little One

AJ:

Beep! Beep! Beep! My alarm goes off at 7:00 am for class. I'm not going. I feel too sick. The Cubs are in Cincinnati so I text my dad to tell him I'm not going today.

A: I'm sick so I'm gonna go to my doctor today.
J: Alright. Love you, AJ.

I'm on my way to the hospital cause that's where my doctor is. I check in and they have me go to the lab for urine and blood samples. I then go to the doctors waiting room. I sit there for a few when Willson calls me.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey Babe." Willson said.

"Hi." I replied. "What's up?" He asked. "At the doctor." I tell him.

"What? Why?" Willson wondered.

"I haven't been feeling good." I sigh.

"Aw, I wish I was there with you." He tells me.

"I wish you were too." I say.

"I love you, Alessia, I really do." Willson said.

"I love you too." I smiled even tho he can't see me.

"I gotta go but text me when you get out of the doctors." Willson said.

"Alright." I say. "Bye Baby." He said then I hung up. "AJ." My name is called just as

I put my phone in my purse. I stand up and follow the nurse. She takes my vitals then I wait for the doctor. I really wish I wasn't here alone. There's a knock on the door then Dr. Martin comes in. She's the nicest doctor ever.

"How are you, AJ?" She asked.

"Feeling sick." I sigh. "I got your lab results back, and they indicate that you're 2 months pregnant." Dr. Martin said.

My eyes go wide.

"Wait, you mean there's a little human being growing inside me?" I look at her. "Yes." She smiles.

"How did I not know this? Shouldn't I know this at like 3 or 4 weeks?" I wonder.

"Some people don't know until they start showing, unless they come to the doctor. But speaking of showing, you should start to show in the next couple weeks or so." Dr. Martin informs me.

"Oh. This is a shock to me." I laugh a little.

"I wanna do an ultrasound to see how he or she is doing if that's okay." She said. "Yeah, that's fine." I smiled.

She does an ultrasound and tells me some things.

"Would you like some pictures?" She asks. "Yeah." I replied.

"So we won't be able to tell the number of babies until ten weeks which is two weeks so that is why I want to see you again in two weeks." She tells me.

"And I'm gonna write you out a prescription for some prenatal vitamins for you to take and there's refills on them for you so you won't run out. I'll be right back with some pamphlets, papers and the pictures of the ultrasound, just give me a few minutes." She smiled, then leaves the room.

I grab my phone and text my best friend, Heather.

{A: Need to talk. It's urgent.}
Almost instantly there's a reply.
{H:Pick me up? My car is in the shop.}
{A: Yeah.}

Dr. Martin comes back with a folder of papers. I thank her then go to the reception desk to make an appointment and then go get Heather. She comes out to the car and I hand her the folder. She looks through it, and her jaw drops.

"You're pregnant?! Congrats!!" She exclaimed. "Thanks." I laugh. "Have you told Willson yet?" She asks. "No. I'm not gonna until he gets back which is tomorrow." I say. She nods. "Ahh! I can't believe you're gonna be a mommy!" She squeals. I just hope Willson stays with me.

Did anyone see that coming? Anyone at all?