9: Revealing To The Public

AJ:

It's that day, the day we reveal our baby gender to the Cubs (besides Javy), and the fans and public. I shower, put my blonde hair in waves, put one of Willson's jerseys, skinny jeans and Converse.

Willson and I get to Wrigley Field and we wait the few hours before going on the field.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if you would please turn your attention toward home plate and the pitchers mound." Anthony announces in a microphone.

He's in on it but doesn't know the gender. I have the baseball bomb in my hand as I walk toward the pitchers mound. Willson stands at home plate with his bat.

"All of us together are gonna find out what Willson and AJ's baby is!" Kris says. The crowd cheers and claps. "Alright! Are you guys ready?!" Arrieta yells.

The crowd yells "YEAH!" I take my position. I probably shouldn't be doing an actual baseball pitch while 7 months pregnant but oh well.

"OKAY! HERE WE GO HERE WE GO! WE NEED YOU GUYS TO BE LOUD AND PROUD FOR US!" It was Javy's turn to speak in the mic.

"REVEAL! REVEAL! REVEAL!" The crowd chants.

I wind up and hear Kyle Hendricks say, "And the pitch!" As I throw it.

It reaches Willson. "And Willson swings! That's a bomb into the air!" Strop says as the blue powder floods the field. The crowd erupts. The guys are jumping on each other, tackling Willson like they had won the World Series again. My dad comes over to me and hugs me.

"Congrats, Princess." Dad says, sounding like he had been crying.

"Thanks, Dad." I have tears in my eyes.

"And listen, I'm sorry for the way I'm reacted, it just shocked me." Dad tells me.

"I get it. I mean I am your only daughter and I mean I did get pregnant and date one of your starting catchers behind your back." I say to him.

Willson comes over to me and hugs me.

"That's it for this reveal! We will see you soon!" Willson said into the mic. The game starts and I'm sitting with my usual. "Jess and I are gonna throw you the best baby shower ever." Heather says. "Awe, you guys are too great." I smiled.