Chapter six

Lucas encouraged Maya to go home. As much as she wanted to avoid Josh she knew at some stage she would have to go home and face it. She was hoping he would be happy about it, she knew he was upset when she lost their last child and she had always blamed herself. Maya opened the door to find Josh sitting in on the couch. Lucas had dropped her off at the door downstairs. Josh looked over and quickly realised there was something wrong with Maya. Her face was tear stained and her eyes were puffy.

"Maya what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry Josh it was an accident I don't want you to be mad at me" she said through her sobbing. Josh didn't care what had happened he grabbed her and pulled her into his chest.

"You can tell me anything I could never be mad at you, ever Maya. I love you"

Maya didn't have the words to explain the situation instead grabbing her bag and pulling out the pregnancy tests and put them on the table. Josh looked down and his eyes widened.

"We are having a baby"

Maya just nodded still sobbing. Josh knew the baby wasn't really the issue it was what happened last time. He kissed her forehead and held her tight to his chest.

"We will get through this okay Maya, everything is going to be fine. How about I take tomorrow off and we can go to the doctors, that way we can make sure everything is okay"

"I'm so sorry I didn't come to you first I was so scared. Everything was going so good"

"Everything is going good Maya, everything will always be good between us"

Josh sat her down next to him. He stroked her hair and kept her close until she eventually fell asleep. He looked down at her phone that had lit up on the table. He tried his hardest to ignore it, never had he read anything off of Maya's phone. He picked it up and saw a message from Lucas.

Hey Maya, hope everything is okay. I know Josh would have been okay with everything. Text me if you need me x

It all began to make sense. Of course Lucas hadn't gotten a booty call he was helping out his best friend. Josh had never been so grateful for a mate as much as he was for Lucas. Lucas really stepped up when Riley left. Maya was the type of person who went to her best friend for reassurance before  seeing josh. To begin with it would really annoy him but then he realised Maya had only really had Riley to rely on growing up with her mom working a lot. He knew there was a chance Maya would find out he had seen her messages but at this point he didn't care. He picked up his phone and texted him.

Hey mate thanks for looking after Maya today. I'm taking her to the doctors tomorrow to make sure everything is okay