Chapter Ten

Josh had picked Maya up and they were in the car on the way to his old dorm room. Josh was completely spaced out and had hardly said a word to Maya. He was nervous. This was it, he was sure she was going to say yes. They were living together, they had just found out they were about to have a baby together this seemed like the next step.

Maya could see that something was wrong and laced their fingers together.

"Babe what's wrong, you have been quiet the entire time"

"Just trying to keep where we are going as a secret"

She didn't believe him but she nodded her head and looked out the window. As they were pulling into NYU she gave him a puzzled look. He went around to her side of the car and pulled her out of the car. Hand in hand they walked close to Josh's old dorm room.

"Josh I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be breaking into your old dorm room"

"Don't worry Maya, I have this all under control"

He opened the door and Maya walked in behind him. Her eyes widened at what was going on in the room. It was much like their first anniversary but this time photos all around the room being held up by balloons. There was photos from when they went to Philly, Maya's birthday, her graduation, the first day they had moved into their apartment and the latest and one of Josh's favourites Maya's ultrasound picture.

"Wow Josh this is incredible"

"Well I did have a bit of help from a few friends"

"But how did you do all this? Does the person who lives here know that we are here now"

"Sure does we met last weekend and he has gone back home for the weekend"

He led her over to the table in the corner. There was a candle in the middle and tacos ready for them to eat. Maya couldn't ask for anything better. They were so happy with where their life was going. She was so glad that even though this baby wasn't planned that she was going to be having a family with Josh. He always went to so much effort to show her how much he loves her.

"So I was thinking this is the last year it will just be the two of us so I thought we could do something like this every year. Nice and simple"

"Josh with the amount of effort you have put in I don't think you could possibly call this simple. But either way I love that idea. Thank you for always loving me"

"I don't think there is anyway I couldn't Maya. I will love you forever"

"Good answer" she laughed as she leant over the table to kiss him.

"Do you like the pictures?"

"I love them. All the important moments of our time together" Maya's smile was so wide. She looked over at the pictures again.

While she was distracted Josh decided this was it. He couldn't sit here any longer being a nervous wreck. He stood up and put his finger underneath her chin. Pushing it up gently towards him.

"I picked them because of that. I was kind of hoping to add to the pictures tonight if that's okay with you"

"Our two year anniversary should definitely be there"

"Well that and maybe something else" She looked up at him confused. He got down on one knee. "Maya Hunter, I hope you know how much I love you. These past two years have been amazing. I know that we have our whole lives together ahead of us. I'm so happy I get to wake up next to you every morning and I can't wait to meet our daughter or son. I have had this for a while and just wanted to wait for the right time. Will you marry me Maya?"

Maya at this point was in tears. She was so happy.

"Nothing would make me happier Josh"