2. Reunion

*-*-*
Chapter 2 here we go :)
*-*-*

The bus ride up to my aunt's house was a pretty long ride. I thought it would be my best bet because her house was far out and in the country, I don't really know if Ross would expect me going here in the first place because I never told him about my aunt.

The reason I'm going to my aunt's house rather than my parent's house is because my parent's hadn't planned on having kids so when they had me they weren't happy at all. My mom had planned on getting an abortion, but my aunt insisted on taking me in after she had me. My parent's have never been apart of my life and they never would be, they probably wouldn't even mind it if Ross did kill me.

I was on the bus for the longest time. When we stopped, it was usually either to let people off for their stop or for gas. When my stop finally came, I was more than relieved. I got off the bus and immediately got a taxi to drive me to my aunt's farm. It was miserable for me to get off a bus just to get into a car, I was tired of sitting around for the time that I was. At first it was really reassuring because my husband was no longer with me. I'd like to call him my ex husband, but we're still legally married.

My taxi pulls up in the very long driveway. It look about a minute to reach the house from the end of the driveway. My emotions hit me like a brick to the face. I instantly felt nervous and excited. I hadn't seen my aunt in over three years. I didn't know how I'd tell her about the Ross situation, where would I start?

I got out after paying the taxi driver and he immediately pulled out the driveway. I pulled out my phone and checked the time and it was nearly six in the morning.

I gathered my emotions up and threw them to the side. I took in a deep breath and went up to the door. There was no turning back, there's no way I'd make it back 'home' before he noticed that I had left. There was also no way that I'd turn back even if I wouldn't be caught.

I knocked on the door three times. I waited four minutes and got no response. I knocked again a total of five times. Finally I could see the lights switch on in my old home. The door opened and there stood my aunt with her rifle in her hand. I would probably have a gun in my hand too if someone knocked on the door at six in the morning when I lived out in the middle of literal nowhere.

After she finally realized who it was that was at her door this early in the morning, it took her by surprised. She set her gun down and came outside surprised. "Baby, what are you doing here?" She engulfed me into a tight hug, which I really needed. This was the first hug that I've had in a long time where I didn't feel threatened. After she asked me that, I immediately started crying and she started to worry.

We went inside and she sat me down on the couch while she boiled some tea on the stove. After fixing it in a mug for me, she sat down as well and I started with my story.

"Auntie," I say sadly. She gives me a look of sympathy before asking, "What happened, baby? Tell me, it's okay, you're safe here."

"It's about Ross." I cry. She grips her mug tightly. "Did he hurt you?" She asks. I can't help but nod while sobbing.

"He's been abusing me for the past year. I couldn't leave, Auntie. He'd kill me. I left after he passed out drunk on the floor last night, I came here, please let me stay." I beg her.

"Sweetie, of course. We have to call the authorities." She states.

"No!" I shout, she halts. "Please don't, it's to risky." I state.

"Have you lost your mind? This will help you." She states confused.

"No, listen to me. Say they do catch him and they give him a trial, and say he's not found guilty for domestic abuse, he could become even more in rage and find me, he would kill me and make sure it's a painful death for me." I cry.

"Well, I'll make sure that he does go to jail." She states about to pick up the phone to dial the police.

"Auntie, please don't!" I beg her. She purses her lips in thought before finally putting down the phone.

"You can have your old room back, dear." She says. I nod.

"Do you have any scars?" She asks me. I nod again. Her jaw tenses up.

"Where?" She asks angry about the situation.

I pull my sleeves up and show her some of the bruising on my arm and some of the scaring he had made on my arms as well. I then take the shirt off and the scars and bruising are visible on my back. She sees all my scars and bruising and cries. "I'm so sorry, Juliet. I can't believe that this has happened to you. I'm so sorry." She cries in anger.

"It's okay, Auntie." I say.

"It's not okay though, he shouldn't of done this, and he's getting away with it, he's not going to, Juliet. Someone is going to take care of him, even if it's God himself who punishes him, he will pay for the trouble he's caused to you." She balls her hands into fists. I cry along with her.

After talking with my aunt, I head to my room. I study the room and how it looked so different from when I was twelve. I moved out of here when I was twelve because I had been offered an opportunity of attending a nice boarding school for my academic achievements. My aunt agreed that I should do this and she sent me on my way.

After getting settled I fall asleep.

I remember waking up at about twelve in the afternoon. To my aunt walking in my room dressed in overalls. "Get up country girl. Time to get back at the swing of things on the farm. From now on, we're both taking care of the farm." She smiles, throwing me a pair of overalls.

*-*-*
Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
*-*-*