12. The mysterious glob

*-*-*
Please vote to support my book, thank you and sorry for the constant book cover changes :D
*-*-*

Yuck I grimaced at the said food on my platter. I poke at the food with my plastic fork that was provided with this mysterious edible goop. I scoop up a small portion onto the fork and brace myself for the possible distaste I was probably going to experience. Slowly, but surely the fork makes its way to my mouth.

The food wasn't terrible, but it was certainly not fine dining. It tasted like a mixture of many things. I ended up only eating about a third of this mysterious food only because I wasn't necessarily hungry.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" Elena asks closing the door softly behind her.

"Wondering if I'm going to be poisoned by this mysterious looking glob that they call 'food'." I make finger quotations at the word 'food'.

"Ooh, food!" She exclaims seeing my uneaten glob which I placed on the counter having no intentions on finishing it. "Have at it." I say amused.

She grabs the platter setting it into her lap while she eats it as if it were the most common food known to man and it wasn't some unknown excuse for a meal.

"So," Elena starts. "I've been enlightened on your broken rib and pierced side." She says as if she had just said the most normal thing ever.

"Yeah, it's definitely painful, I'll admit, but nothing I can't get over." I say flatly. "I just need someone to feed my animals for me while I'm pretty much stuck inside trying to make myself heal faster." I shrug.

"I'm sure Cole will do it, seeing as he's pretty much willing to do anything for you." She says amusedly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asks accusingly. She shrugs her shoulders innocently while chowing down on the food I offered her. I give her a disgusted look.

Suddenly I sit up urgently realizing something important, just as Cole was entering the room. "Oh my gosh, Juliet lay down!" Cole says walking over to me ushering me to lay down. Shooting pains bolts through my side from where I was pierced and the pain was also felt below my chest where my rib cage was. I let out a painful moan.

"Benny?" I look at Cole. "I put him inside my house, he's fine, I promise you." He smiles softly, a rush of relief floods through me.

"What's the time?" I ask, not to a specific person.

"It's two in the afternoon." Cole says after lifting his wrist to look at his watch. I nod. "Did they by any chance let y'all in on when I'll be discharged?" I continue with the questions. For the time I've been in this room, I was asleep most of it. I haven't had an opportunity to ask really anything.

"Oh, umm, yes. They did say something about that, I just can't remember when they said you would be released..." Elena says tapping her chin in thought.

"Tomorrow morning, precisely nine-thirty." Cole says flatly knowing the answer. I nod.

"Well, can't wait." I say tired of being here in this darn hospital bed. "I'm sorry to bother you with all these questions, Cole, but do you think you could possibly feed all of my animals while I'm pretty much bedridden?" I ask. He smiles.

"Yeah, of course, I wouldn't expect you to do it, especially in your state." He says. I nod in thanks. "The Doctor also advised that you stay with someone." Cole notifies me. "Elena?" I ask seeing if I could stay with her. She sends me a guilty look. "Jules, I can't, I'm so sorry. I have to go stay with my mother, my cousin is getting married and I'm staying down there for Thanksgiving." She says throwing me a sorry look.

"Where's Nadia?" I ask hoping that I could stay with her.

"Right here." She says entering the room with a bag of chips in her hands.

"Great, can I stay with you until I've healed enough?" I ask, she sends me the same look that Elena gave me.

"Look, Juliet, I love you and you know I would do anything for you and know that I'm deeply sorry for this, but I can't, I promised my family that I'd be at the family get together that they throw every year for thanksgiving, and I have to go because I gave them my word and this is a makeup for not going the last two years." She explains frowning. I sigh.

"It's okay, I guess Benny will look after me." I say amusedly. They both look at me guiltily.

"You can stay with me." Cole offers. Nadia and Elena look at him relieved.

"No, that's okay, you don't have to, you'll probably get really annoyed with me." I chuckle, but he keeps a serious face.

"Juliet," he starts. "you can't stay by yourself, let me help you out, it's really okay, I have nothing to do this week, you can stay with me." He says in finality. I send him a thankful look.

"Thank you," I say genuinely before cutting all seriousness. "Looks like I'm living with you for a week." I say amusedly, Elena and Nadia send me secret smirks. I glare at them and the meaning behind their smirks.

"Here, I brought you a clean outfit for when you get discharged tomorrow." Nadia says pulling out a pair of clothes from inside of her bag. It was a white tank top that said "Farm life" and a pair of blue jean shorts.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I smile. She nods and sets the clothes down on a chair. "Now, all of you, get out, I need my beauty rest." I chuckle amusedly.

"Ain't that right." Nadia snorts. I pick up one of the hospital pillows and chuck it at Nadia's face. She laughs amused before heading to the door to leave. "Hey, I'll see you two in about a week." She points at Elena and I. I nod, smiling sheepishly.

"I'm not out of your hair just yet." Elena says winking at me. I let out a fake displeased groan. She picks the pillow off of the floor which I threw at Nadia and chucks it at me. I let out a fake painful moan to make her think she hurt me.

"Oh my gosh, Juliet." I hear the worry in her voice. "I'm so sorry!"

"Do I need to get the nurse?" Cole got up urgently ready to leave to get someone to assist me.

"No!" I say to stop him. "I was just messing around with Elena." I admit. She glares at me, but I can see the sparkle of relief flood through her eyes.

Cole holds his hand over his heart in pure relief. I shake my head at them and turn on my side carefully without hurting myself. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. I hear the door open and close, presuming that they left to let me rest.

Hmm living with Cole should be fun, my first real house company since my aunt.

*-*-*
This chapter is rather short, but I'll try to work on that!! <3
*-*-*