35. My secret battle scar

*-*-*
I have nothing to say except for, Enjoy ;D
*-*-*

It had been a while since I had been shot. I was healing quite nicely, I wasn't entirely healed, but I was getting there.

I had come to know that the second shot that was fired the day of my shooting was by a police officer who had shot Ross after he shot me. Unfortunately for Ross the gunshot was fatal.

Officers thought that they would have lost the both of us. Ross had died immediately, but they were almost sure that I would have died later on in the hospital. Quite pessimistic if you ask me.

He was shot in the temple, so almost ninety nine percent of the time it's gonna be fatal. All of those good years between me and Ross no longer existed. The Ross I knew had died a long time ago instead of recently.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss who he used to be, but I'm much happier knowing that the guy I love and care about won't change. Ross was never this good to me.

I still haven't forgotten about the idea of reuniting Cole with his father. Right now I was in the car on my way to go see him. Cole has no idea I'm doing this. It took a lot of research to even find him, but eventually I found him and his location. The internet is a creepy place.

I went alone which might not be the most safest decision, but screw it.

I was following the exact location that my phone was taking me too. By the way Cole described his father had me expecting to end up in some poor neighborhood that held nothing but people that had the faces of criminals, so to say I was shocked when I rolled up in a fairly rich looking neighborhood would definitely be an understatement.

This is definitely not what I expected, but I continued to drive nonetheless. I looked at the house numbers and waited until I saw house 171.

I stopped in front of a large house that was beautifully painted white. They had bushes and other flowers decorated across the rim of their house. There were two cars parked in the driveway; a blue Jeep and a black dodge caravan. The lawn seemed to be kept with because of the life the grass seemed to have and how bright and lively it was.

There were steps to the house leading to a porch that had chairs and a coffee table on it and by the door it had a cute doormat that read 'Welcome'. The house in all just seemed so homey and friendly making me drawn to it even more.

I stopped my car and got out. I was careful getting out as I had to make sure I wasn't gonna pain myself in the process. There was currently bandages wrapped around my abdomen from underneath my shirt. To me this was a secret, humble battle scar that I had that only I knew of. It was a secret to the rest of the world who wasn't aware of what happened to me. The wound indicated freedom and the end to my worries.

I walked up to the steps with wobbly legs that I prayed not to fail me.

I started to walk up the stairs and stared at the wooden porch in awe as it didn't make one creaking noise as I stepped across it. I hope I was at the right house.

My heart thundered in my chest as I brought my hand up to knock on the door.

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to say or how I would even start, but I still gained my confidence and knocked on the door with my posture straight and stiff. I heard little steps scurrying around on the other side of the door before I heard someone usher them to be quiet.

The door opened wide and a man with familiar green eyes stared back at me. He was buff with a slight beard going on. He seemed well kept with his slicked back hair and nice clothes. Behind him two children scurried. Their green eyes were just as piercing as their father's. They looked at me curiously behind their father. A little girl with pigtails finally smiled at me as her brother that seemed to be the same age just stared at me in awe. Twins, I assume.