Step - 4

Join a workshop / Get feedback

One of the best ways to improve your writing and stay motivated is to talk with others and get feedback on your work. Find a local or online writing group or book clubs .

In these groups members usually read each other's writing and discuss what they liked, didn't like and how a piece might be improved. You may find that offering feedback, as well as receiving it, helps you learn valuable lessons to build your skills.

To improve your writing and correct mistakes, you must know what the standard is you’re trying to achieve and evaluate your writing against that standard.

The easiest way to get feedback is, of course, to join book clubs.

Don't get distracted

In our distracted world, focus is precious.

Focus means we don’t get distracted by social media, noisy neighbors, and grocery lists while writing. Focus also means we stay committed to improving a specific task at hand—we can’t practice structure and word choice and rhythm all at the same time.

So when you start writing, kindly turnoff all the notifications or logout from your social media accounts.

Trust me, they play a major role in distraction.

I'm not kidding, I just sat down to draft next chapter when my phone chimed notifying me of new email, maybe that is one reason I struggle with being focused for my latest book.