Curiosity

"What do you mean you haven't told her yet?!" Hakyeon yells in whisper not wanting anyone to heard their little 'discussion' even though he sure nobody dares to eavesdrop their conversation but not Jinhee. Hakyeon can tell that Jinhee is a girl who curious about everything but she doesn't prefer to know theoretically. Hakyeon read her mind and emotion from the way she acted just know when he handed her a lot of books to get her knowledge high about vampires. Rosè lowers her head down, not dare to talking back.

"Speak up. I allowed you to talk and yell or whatever. We are family,"

"I thought that wasn't important Hakyeon," Rosè tries to hold her voice as par as Hakyeon's to make it fair and respect to him as the clan leader. Hakyeon never told her to tell Jinhee about her past so that's why she never told her and only keep quite when Jinhee asked about her age and how she becomes a vampire. Jinhee might do not know about this but all the stuff that she read from the books, are only the general things which all vampires know about it. Of course top secret shouldn't be spread as easy as the book content and it was kept inside Hakyeon and the others' memory only. When should he told Jinhee about it, Hakyeon still looking for the perfect period and see the reaction from Jinhee first. He doesn't want the girl to freak out about her destiny and ran away from it because she will never succeed no matter how she will try.

Hakyeon sit on the leather chair while tapping his finger on the table, thinking hard regarding what should he do about Jinhee right after she finish her readings. He looks at the flustered Rosè who seems afraid of Hakyeon to get mad because of her keeping the secret. "Its okay Rosè. I'm not mad but I want her to learn everything. Its important so tell her about you whenever you're ready. You may go," Hakyeon gestured his hand for Rosè to do her job as Jinhee's caretaker (because the human refused to be babysit said she is old enough).

Rosè twist the door knob and wanders her eyes around at the living room, only to see a long hair young girl is keenly reading the book given to her. Not wanting to scare her, Rosè walks slowly behind her back and fakes a cough to get her attention which she didn't succeed. Jinhee is so immerse in reading those stories about who is the Queen, King, love potion, and whatever related to the book. However, what attracts Jinhee's attention so much right now is the pendant that is the same as her and one more necklace that has different type of stones. Hers is ruby which is bright red and the other one is blackpearl which has diamonds around the pendant with gold chaines.

"'When the black and red completed each other, not even the darkness dare to be near them. They will be so powerful, and all the vampires and human will be scared to kill each other' what the hell is this.... I have the red one, but who owns the other black. Its a mys–"

"Its mysterious right. And creepy too," Jinhee jumped a little bit because of Rosè suddenly comes from behind and speak up. Her low voice but a bit cheerful also startles Jinhee because from the first day, Rosè would always be so serious as if she is a robot or something.

"Oh sorry if I scared you. Why won't you be in your room? Its late and you need to sleep," Rosè takes a seat beside Jinhee and lazily take one of the book to skim.

"I was bored somehow," the vampire nods slightly before putting the book back on the table before tapping Jinhee's shoulder.

"You can ask me any questions that you want to know about me,"

"Are you sure about that? Don't you preferred it to be private?"

Rosè chuckles a bit.

"It us a privacy. But if its you Princess, you can ask anything you want. Its Hakyeon's order," Jinhee slips a slight ahh because its from Hakyeon so that's why Rosè approached her to talk. Well maybe they are still strangers and Rosè need times to be comfortable around her. Tch it supposed to be Jinhee to be awkward and all reserved though. She didn't know until when she can stay alive in this house full with bloodsuckers. The matter is its not that she doesn't trust them, well maybe she don't have the trust yet— but they all can treat her better than this though. Jinhee started to ask from Rosè's age and until how she becomes a vampire which suddenly makes the female vampire to quiet down for a moment.

"Sorry if I said something wrong," she immediately apologise when Jinhee saw the gloomy expression of Rosè.

"Nah its okay, its getting late for you. You need to sleep,"

"But wait! I have a last question," Jinhee stopped Rosè from moving because of her curiosity are kinda shooting at its peak.

"Aren't vampire supposed to be awake at night and sleep during the day? Why you guys are different? I mean, you sleep at night and walk around during the day," she tries to arrange her words making it suitable to be a question. Plus she doesn't want Rosè to be offended too from her question like just now.

"Well, its a thing that you might find out sooner or later," Rosè bows her head down a bit and dashed into her room, leaving Jinhee baffled alone, not to notice that she had been watching by the leader.

•••

Today Jinhee woke up with no sunlight in her room, yet she feel so weird with it. There is no window, so no sunlight is expected to enter the room and shine. Still, she walks around in the huge house to find two vampires are bickering about the video game they played from the console. These guys are so different with the kind of vampires from the movies she watch and the vampires at her hometown. They sleep and awake at anytime the want, either day or night, both are nothing to them. Aren't they afraid of getting burn because of the sun though. Jinhee decides to walk towards them, even a slight nervous feelings and goosebumps arouse from her body start to take over.

And for both of the man, as if they can feel someone presence, immediately stop bickering and out down their console before smiling like an angel despite a scary vampires they are. Jinhee rubs her neck awkwardly when the youngest vampire gestures his hand, asking the human fo come nearer with them and can play the game with them too. She looks around since the house seems quiet except for Hyuk and Hongbin who play the game together.

"Where are the others?"

"The hyungs have to go work while we both are playing," Hyuk answered and smile sheepishly while Hongbin already dashed to the kitchen to prepare for some breakfast. They don't eat normal food but when Rosè told the vampires there will be human staying with them, Hongbin as the responsible one for house groceries, drag Hyuk along to the supermarket for shopping. And he never regret that he learn to cook when he was human back then.

Jinhee thanked the dimpled vampire and finish her breakfast real quick. She havent done reading the books that Hakyeon gave her though. Plus, Jinhee doesn't know what she obliged his orders without any further complaining. Maybe because of his intimidating purple dominant eyes, or its just a respect for him as the leader. Her mind recalls back to their last night conversation with all the vampires, saying that she will addicted to the books once she read them. Jinhee hates that all of the words are true, she likes the book and almost try to finish one whole book in a night.

However still, the book won't solve the mystery about her necklace, why she has to take a real good care of it. Who is the Queen, never mentioned in the books though. She need to know more about it and maybe Hakyeon is the key. Jinhee looks over at the two youngest, still wondering should her asked them for a sneak peak or maybe can get Hakyeon later on. But he scared her a lot. Hakyeon's presence is scary enough, Jinhee can't predict how she will react when they both have a talk between them.

"Guys can I ask you something?"

"Shoot anyway," Hongbin answered with his eyes still glued on the screen, fighting Hyuk with all his might.

"What do you know about umm the Queen?" Both of them suddenly stop laughing and punching the buttons once the Queen was mentioned.

"I– I thi–think you sh–should get Hakyeon hyung for that. W–we cant give you the answer. Let's go, Hyuk-ah," Hongbin stop playing and drag Sanghyuk away from the room and leaving the puzzled Jinhee. What is so scary about the Queen until they can't even answer her little question. She only wants to know only a little though not the details. Well, maybe she really should ask Hakyeon about it later and finish her book first.