[ CHAPTE THIRTEEN ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

' SO COLD '

        NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE TRIED, Jo couldn't shake the unnerved feeling that was resting carelessly in the pit of his stomach

He knew his best friends too well, he knew them better than they knew themselves, and though Sadie was one to book a spontaneous getaway, Lux was a different story.

Lux liked knowing what she was going to order from a restaurant several days before, she liked to be organised and prepared. She would never drop everything to go to Vegas with Sadie.

The blonde had also expressed how much she despised Vegas after once visiting the big city with her mother, she had hated how crowded it was, how rude the people were.

She certainly wouldn't have spent her hard-earned money to go back to a place she wasn't too keen on, wherever or not it pleased Sadie.

She hadn't even booked the time off work, not showing up to her shifts after agreeing to do extra overtime which would go towards paying her rent.

The text alone practically informed Jo that it hadn't been Lux who had sent it, especially considering it was written with shortened words and used several numbers, and ended with three kisses, not four.

Jo inwardly cringed at how sad he sounded, but he knew his best friend well enough to know when something was wrong.

After receiving the text, Jo had immediately gone to the Sherriff's department, wishing to file a missing persons report for not only Lux and Sadie, but Lux's mother too, who hadn't turned up to her shift at the gas n sip the previous night.

He was well aware he sounded a little overdramatic as he stormed in the station, waving his phone around, the text zoomed in as he shouted, but who could blame him? He was concerned.

The imbecilic cops had done just as Jo had expected, shrugging him off, informing Jo he was overreacting, and a missing persons report could not be filled due to the messages, and the fact that they hadn't been gone for twenty-four hours.