Young Charles Xavier- Insomnia

Your POV
   As I lay in bed, unable to sleep as usual, I kept thinking about Charles. Not in a sexual way, but as a friend. I've been living in the mansion for close to three years now and I can't help but to feel like something is between us. It's safe to admit that I have a crush on him, but as he is a telepath, I try not to think about that too much. Nor will I ever admit it to his face. I remember what Raven had told me and I quickly got out of bed and started walking towards the door. I paused for a moment, wondering if this was a good idea, before finally bringing myself to open the door and walk outside. I don't normally do this, but today I felt like I had to. Not like someone was forcing me to, but like it was my only chance to be able to tell him.

I made my way down to the front door and open it slowly, knowing that some people are still awake and would be wondering what I was doing. Once the door was opened enough for me to fit through, I slipped outside and closed the door behind me. Sighing and putting my hands in my sweatshirt pockets, I made my way to the backyard and sat down on the grass. I knew he would find me here, for he has found me out here before on the rare occasions when I have actually come out here.

     "Can't sleep?" I heard from behind me. Charles. I smiled. "When can I ever?" I replied, turning my head to face him as he sat down next to me on the grass. He chuckled and laid down, beckoning me to join him and gaze at the stars. I hesitantly obeyed, laying back with my head on his shoulder and his arm around my waist. I suddenly thought about how it would be if we were together, but just as quickly pushed it to the back of my mind as he spoke. "You know I can read your mind, right?" I blushed and looked up at him. "And you know I can read yours, correct?" I asked with a smile. He laughed and nodded at my statement, but I couldn't help but notice a slight blush creeping up his cheeks. "Aww your blushing!" I said, my smile growing. "Shut up Y/N." he said with a slight smile, his cheeks becoming more red. "Is there something you wish to tell me, Mr. Xavier?" I asked him, sitting up and facing him. "Is there something you wish to tell me, Miss Y/L/N?" He replied, sitting up and avoiding my question. "Your avoiding the question Charles." I told him with a frown, crossing my arms over my chest. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "Would it be better if I read your mind to find out? You don't have to say it out loud if you don't want to." I said, feeling bad for putting him under the spotlight like that, even if it was just the two of us. He nodded slightly, avoiding meeting my gaze. I quickly read his mind and found what I was looking for. I gasped slightly and grinned. He met my gaze and I kissed him full on the lips. "I love you too, Mr. Xavier." I said with a playful smile. His face lit up and he pulled me in for another kiss, this one lasting longer than the last.

Sometimes, having insomnia is a good thing.

A/N: Major disclaimer I don't actually have insomnia I wrote this a long time ago and I'm constantly debating rewriting it to make it better and more realistic, but until that happens I'm sorry.