Fifteen | ✓

Thomas opened his eyes, first to see Teresa above him.

"Hey," she greeted with a small smile on her face. Thomas instantly sat up, looking around at his surroundings.

"Where is she?" he asked repeatedly. He turned to see Chuck, Minho and Newt outside of what was left of the pit. Teresa placed a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. Thomas looked around once more, his head cleared.

"Where's Amelia? What happened?" He noticed Newt exchange looks with Minho before sighing.

"Gally's taken control, overthrew Alby. Gal said we had a choice. Join him or get banished at sundown with you," the blond explained. "After you were knocked out, he took Amelia to whatever was left of the Homestead. Got Jeff to take care of her. She's awake now, just not allowed to see you two.".

Thomas sighed in relief to hear she was fine. He wondered if she remembered him. He turned and sat properly to see the other four Gladers.

"Gally's got everyone convinced that you were the reason this happened," Teresa spoke in a soft voice.

"Well, he's been right so far," Thomas muttered, causing Minho to prompt him further.  "Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them."

Thomas looked over at Teresa after his admission.

"I watched over you guys for years." He looked down to the ground. "I watched over her for years," he mumbled to himself, not knowing if anyone else heard him.

"The entire time you've been here. I was on the other side of it. You were there too,"

"Teresa, we did this to them." He turned his head to see hed shook her head in denial. Her blue eyes had tears in them.

"Why would they send us up here if we were with them?" her voice cracked as she looked down.

"I don't know. But it doesn't matter anymore," Thomas replied.

"He's right. It doesn't matter, any of it," Newt said. "The people we were before the maze they don't even exist anymore. These creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now and what we do right now. You went into the maze, and you found a way out.".

Thomas looked at him.

"If I hadn't, Amelia wouldn't have gone through so much pain. No one would've died," Newt stayed silent. The blond knew that Thomas was right.

"Maybe. But I knew that if she were here right now, she'd be saying the exact same thing. Pick your ass up and finish what you started.".

Thomas nodded, agreeing with everything the British boy had told him.

"Okay, but we have to get through Gally first."

A pair of legs stood behind Minho. The person crouched down, a faint smile grew on Thomas's face.

"Hey there, Tommy. Got that covered already," Amelia smirked.

✿✿✿

Not much of a chapter, even I'm disappointed that I wrote trash after weeks for not updating. Anywhore, considering that I promised that I would at least update once a week,I'm currently pushing myself to write more since I haven't updated in 2 weeks.

I think this book is almost done since I've been following the movie. But I will follow the book if I ever write a sequel. High chance there will be a sequel if I'm not lazy to write another book.