Meeting the Gang

A/N: THIS CHAPTER WAS ORIGINALLY OVER 5000 WORDS, BUT I FELT LIKE IT WAS TOO LONG, SO I CUT IT SHORT TO 2415 WORDS. THAT MEANS I KINDA LEFT OUT WALLY AND THE REST OF THE CANON CREW, BUT ILL TRY AND ADD THEM IN AGAIN SOME TIME. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

ANYWAY, LIKE BEFORE, THE FANART OF THIS CHAPTER BELONGS TO ME. ENJOY!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wait up!" You called as he began walking around a corner again out of sight. This time you ran full pace after him, trying to keep up with the sly devil. You ran around the corner where he'd gone, but as you continued forth you felt the ground underneath you disappear. Oh wait, it hadn't disappeared. You had tripped over a loose floorboard, face planting hard on the ground. Great. First day on the job and you already messed up and made a fool of yourself.

In your wonky field of sight you saw two big, shiny black shoes step infront of you. You could tell instantly it was Bendy, and you lifted your head to see the rest of him. Quite frankly, you were shocked to see his white gloved hand outstretched to you, offering a hand up. You paused, then once you gained your trail of thought you took it, holding it tightly. He didn't really do that well of a job of helping you up, since you were much taller than him, so it was almost impossible to pull you up. Ah well, it's the thought that counts, you thought.

"Thanks." You said thankfully, brushing your dusty knees free of the dirt stain from the fall.

"It's...it's okay." He smiled quietly, looking past you and out into the corridor. He seemed rather shy, which was odd. He was supposed to be a mischievous devil, was he not? You thought he'd be a handful, but apart from running off he hadn't caused that much trouble. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, just lead the way." You assured him, ushering him along to continue his little tour. He showed you many places you'd already seen before, but he soon took you down some steps that you'd never noticed before. There wasn't much down there expect cans of soup and such items, but what caught your eyes was a huge, important looking machine in one of the rooms.

"Hey, what's that in there?" You asked curiously, stopping in front of the door. Bendy halted and turned to the room, suddenly looking uneasy. He shook his head.

"That's the ink machine. Joey doesn't want anyone in there but himself. He said it's dangerous, so don't go in there." Bendy warned. You were more than suspicious, but decided not to squeeze the information out of the demon- you'd only just met.

"Okay." You shrugged simply, continuing to walk along. Bendy rushed after you, taking the lead once more. You silently watched the small character hop along in front of you, still in awe that he was really alive. You wanted to know more about him.

"So." You started, clearing your throat, "What's your story?"

"I was designed as a children's cartoon in a show named The Dancing Demon, and long story short, Joey brought me to life. Not that exciting." He said. You hurried up so you could walk next to him.

"That's more exciting than my backstory, I'll tell you that" you half joked. There was a short pause before you spoke up again. "So...Joey....is like your father, or?"

Bendy shivered, seemingly uncomfortable with that title. "No. I prefer the term 'creator'."

"So...how did he make you?" You asked carefully, trying not to offend him. He didn't seem offended but the question made him slightly on edge, you could tell.

"If you mean what I'm made up of, it's mostly ink."

You perked a brow up, staring at Bendy who was still in front of you. If he was made up of ink, how was he not melting to the ground in a big inky puddle? What kind of magic was holding him together? You could clearly see he was solid. In curiosity, you reached a hand down towards him, pressing your palm against his back and slowly trailing it downwards. The demon arched his back, yelping in surprise. He turned to you.