Two

As I walked down the familiar path I felt the cold breeze hit my skin. I had a white envelope in my pocket holding the rent money for mine and Jungkooks apartment and was just going to leave it on the kitchen counter.

Hopefully he wasn't home today, I needed to drop the money off and didnt really want to see him or talk to him.

His friend goes to our college, I've seen them talking a few times so I think he's given up on me. But I'd never give up on him since I love him.

I pulled open the large door to the lobby of our apartment building. I smiled at the front desk lady and made my way to the elevator and clicked the button for the tenth floor.

I walked the familiar halls until I reached our door. I pulled the cold key out of my pocket and unlocked the door.

I stepped inside and quietly walked over to the counter to put the envelope down. I had written 'rent money -brit' on top of it so he knew what it was an who it was from.

As I turned around to leave, I heard the floor creak and heard Jungkook call my name. "Brit?" He questioned. I sighed and turned around. "Hey Jungkook." I bit my lip.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned in a soothing, confused tone. It wasn't harah like he didn't want me here. It was soft, like he wanted me to stay for a while.

"I, uh, just wanted to drop off my half of the rent money for this money." I looked up at him. "You don't have to pay. Take the money back. You haven't been here all month so don't worry about it." He walked slightly closer, still leaving about a ten foot distance between us.

"We chose this apartment because it would be easy for us to split the cost. We both agreed it'd be too much for just one of us so I'm not going to leave you helpless." I sighed.

"I've picked up more hours at the café. I'll only struggle a little but it's fine. I don't want you paying again until you come back." I looked down. What if I don't come back? What if we can't fix the mistakes and problems we have?

"Jungkook don't worry, just keep the money, okay?" I questioned. He nodded softly and looked down. I could tell he wanted to say something so I just stood there and waited.

"I miss you, us." He whispered almost incoherently. "I miss us too." I agreed. "Then why don't you come back? Why don't we try to fix us?" He looked up at me and asked.

"What if we do get back together but were still both just as angry and stressed as we were before? Jungkook, I don't know if we can fix us. We both struggled with stress and barely having time to see each other which is crazy because we live together and go to the same college." I spoke slightly louder with a hint of worry in my voice.

"We can get past it Brit. Don't you see I still love you?" He asked, whispering those last few words. "I-I don't know Jungkook. I love you too, I always will but for now we just need to be apart. Try and fix ourselves before commiting to a relationship again." I brought up my idea.

He bit his bottom lip before speaking. "Can you move back in? We don't have to sleep next to each other or anything I just miss seeing you everday."

"And we can just be friendly and when we both think were okay and stress free we can try again?" He continued. I smiled slightly and nodded. I'm glad we finally talked about this and agreed on a mutual idea.

--

A/N

sooo its not thaaaaat sad anymore hm

lols anyways i hope you like this book so far ??

also spoiler idk whats happening at the end oops idk if i want it happy or sad