2| Are you blushing?

CHAPTER |2|
Are you blushing?

"Yes Grandma?" I answer the phone under my gray blanket.

"Lee you better be up already" Grandmas voice rang loudly through the phone. "I called you three times already. I have a favor."

With a small groan I remove my coverlet and get out of bed. My eyes squint from the morning sun that is pouring into my room from my open window. I look at my phone,"A favor?"

"Can you bring me my pain pills I left them in your apartment" she pauses to cough. "Anyways darling, when you get here Ava will open the door to you."

"Alright, I'll walk over when I'm ready."

"Okay darling" Grandma clicks off.

After she hangs up I quickly make my bed, folding my blankets and fixing my three pillows. When I'm done with that, I walk to my small closet and pick out an outfit that I bought yesterday. Seeing that there will be bad weather, I choose a pair of black waist joggers, my dark blue sweatshirt, and my pair of Adidas. I make my way to the bathroom that is connected to my room.

After twenty minutes of singing crazy like in the shower, I get out and dress myself. Regularly I spend nearly more than an hour in the shower because I love the water hitting against my light peachy skin. But today I need to take Grandma her pain pills. She really needs them.

"Holy shit" I jump back startled when I see a black spider crawling up the side of the bathroom door. "Awe you poor thing" I watch as it struggles to go into the air vent.

When I get done drying myself and changing, I grab the spider that is probably the size of a small jaw breaker and go out onto my balcony. I could have easily said 'be free little spider' and then throw it over. But, it isn't a bird, nor can it fly. So I put it on the side, near the edge and watch as it spins its webb and slowly makes its way down.

My phone starts ringing, looking away from the spider I answer the phone with a sigh. "What do you want Luke?"

"So I thought about what you said" he speaks calmly over the phone. I walk back inside and grab my keys and the pain pill, adding a small sticky note to remind me, that says for grandma before walking out and locking the door.

"What did I say?"

"Remember, about giving me a second chance?"

I was deciding on walking over to Grandmas when I hear him say those fake words. "When on earth did I say such a thing?"

"Right right" he corrects, "I was the one that told you to give me a second chance."

"Well that will not happen" I lock my car doors and begin walking the way my Grandma lives, like three streets down.

"You know you dont mean that."

"Yes Luke, I really do mean it. How many times is it that I am going to tell you? I don't want to be with you."

I hear him huff on the other side of the line. I know Luke has anger problems. He had been going to anger management classes but he quit going because he said he could be doing better things that waisting his time trying to control his madness. I told him he was stupid for quitting.

"Well too bad" he vexes and its as if I can feel his anger radiate through the phone. "My flight landed not to long ago and I am going to go find you."

"Please Luke" I say as I cross the crosswalk, "don't bother trying to find me. I don't want to be found, by you. And don't call me anymore, I'm sick and tired of you always cal-"