When I Was A Child

When we speak of war, we feel a looming dark presence hovering one's words. There is only two notable outcomes of war on the lands of Azeroth; life or death. We fight for each other, not so we can win, but so we can live to see ourselves showered with peace.

When I was a child, I spent many hours a day outside in the numbing and prickly cold of Winterspring. My family inhabited the lands among with many other Kaldorei families. It was a strange and particular place for a Night Elf to live in, but somehow, my family had settled there.

My house, Ravensabre, were an elite family of sentinel warriors. There wasn't a day in my life where I did not pick up a bow and arrow, or a glaive, and headed outside in order to hone my skills. Everyone in the village had a immense respect for us. There wasn't a single living being in the village who didn't know us.I always had to carry around that high expectation and reverence on my small shoulders.

I was a timid and shy girl who only had a small group of friends who I could never see through my days of practice. There were times were I wondered why I even practiced. There were no wars, no enemies, and no troubles. We had peace for so long.

Then, I was reminded how my sisters, Anaria and Shirana, both passed away many centuries ago during the War of Ancients. They were led by my father during the time and lost their lives in combat.  My father engraved it in my mind I was their redemption. Living and breathing solely to reclaim my sisters' honor for Ravensabre.

It refueled me everyday; having to push my mind into a dark state. It honed me into a warrioress. I remember as a child pretending to feel as if my sisters' spirits lived through me. That every sword I swung was their energy behind it. It was a lot of convincing myself it was the truth.

My older sister, Yseria, was my mentor. She spoke of my sisters. How they looked, acted, and most importantly: how they fought. So I would take it all in and try to perfect the role of my sisters. I didn't want to let my father down. I wanted him to see his daughters were alive in me.

But why didn't he just accept me, for me?