3: Surprise Training

Leo's POV

I know him.... How the hell do I know him? Why can't I remember? Think, Leo, think. I know I've seen him before. This is going to bother me if I don't figure it out. I should forget about it for now, though. I should be relaxing and getting to know my new housemates.

"I got my bikini at this really cute boutique." Libra says, twirling to show off her swimsuit. The top is a triangle bikini top, navy blue outlined with white. It's paired with a low-waisted navy bottom to match, and it barely covers her ass. I bet she's not one who minds wearing revealing clothing.

Aries is wearing a bright yellow bikini that goes perfectly with her tanned skin, which makes her look like a mini-beyonce. Taurus smiles in her wine red two-piece, the top being a halter top. It's a plain design, but it looks cute on her. Scorpio and Cancer are both wearing one-pieces, Scorpio's being all-black with a low-dip in the front and sides that reach above her hips, and Cancer's being an almost-nude pink shade and has the phrase "Go Coconuts" written in white on the front. Mine is a floral bikini with a high-waisted bottom. I would describe the guys' swimsuits, too, but they aren't particularly exciting.

Sagittarius is the first to enter the pool by cannon-balling in with a running start. The water splashes all over the rest of us, which encourages us to hop in, as well.

I see Gemini eyeing all of us girls with a kind-of player look. Well, all except one. Don't know why that is. Anyway, he's just that kind of guy. The player type. At least it seems that way.

Next thing I know, we're all in a splash war. We team up: girls vs. boys.

I cupped my hands the way my dad had taught me. It's the best way to make a big splash. I show the rest of the girls, and we continue to use it against the guys.

I miss him.

Long story short, it was a long and ruthless battle, and Virgo had to leave to throw up because he got so much chlorine in his mouth. Gross.

I'm laughing with Aries when I hear, "What the hell?"

I find the source of the sound, Pisces, and see that bodyguards are bringing out a bunch of props and training equipment, some of which look dangerous.

"Hello, my zodiac!" Ms. Carina greets us.

"Your what?"Gemini asks, confused on what she called us.

"Nevermind, that's beside the point. You're starting your training today, here and now. To warm up, you will be running 5 laps around the pool." She tells us.

"But water was splashed everywhere and it may be slippery! What if we trip?!" Cancer asks her.

"Then you'll learn to not trip. After your warm up, you'll be going to the punching dummies set up and you'll begin to practice. After that, I'll give you your instructions for the next exercise. Capeesh?" She finishes, "Now go!"

I sigh and roll my eyes. I hate cardio. I'm the absolute worst at running. I see Pisces race through the 5 laps like it's nothing, without even tripping. Meanwhile, Gemini slips on the water and falls into the pool.

The grueling laps were soon over, though, and we moved onto the punching dummies. I glance over at Scorpio, and she's beating up her dummy like she wants it's lunch money. Remind me to never to get on her bad side. Gemini starts beating the dummy up pretty bad, too. For the rest of us, it took a bit more work.

Damn, this is tiring.

Capricorn's POV

Physical stuff? Yeah, that's not really for me. It's not like I'm out of shape or anything, but I'm a hacker. All my work is done on the computer, not out on a battlefield or something. I scan my hands, observing the numerous cuts and bruises I got from punching the dummy. They didn't give us anything to cover our hands with for when we punched. "When you're out fighting, you won't have any cover, so you won't have one now." She had said.

"We set up this station here. This will be both a trust and accuracy exercise. Maybe even a reflex/dodging exercise if it comes to that. See the dart boards lined on the wall? One person will stand in front of it. The other will throw knives at it. The goal: hit the dart board but not your partner's head." Ms. Carina gives a grin.

"Wait, this is like the scene in Divergent. Isn't this highly dangerous?" Taurus says.

Ms. Carina ignores her question with a smile and then says, "Pick a partner. Someone you're not close with, and someone of the opposite gender."

The partner pairings work out like so: (A/N: and no, these aren't the ships)

Leo x Me

Libra x Virgo

Taurus x Pisces

Aries x Aquarius

Cancer x Gemini

Scorpio x Sagittarius

"Guys, against the wall. Girls, you shoot first."

I watch Leo at the other end. I can tell she's shaking, but I'm pretty sure I'm shaking more. I shut my eyes tightly, and pray that I don't get a knife thrown at my head. I hear a whoosh! beside me, and I open my eyes to see the knife just off the dart board. Close, but not yet there.

I notice everyone diverting their attention to Cancer, so I do the same. She's throwing all of them, one after the other, without hesitation. They all land in the perfect place: on the board, but not hitting Gemini. Every single one. Who the hell is this girl? Even Scorpio didn't get that many, and she's a hitman.

As I'm still watching her throw, I hear another whoosh! and this time it's much louder.

"Ow! You nipped my ear!" I exclaim, and then I mutter, "This really is like Divergent."

"Sorry!" Leo says, rushing over to give me some paper towels (provided by a guard) to clean the blood off my ear.

"It's okay. This training is insane." I tell her.

She nods and agrees, "It really is. Like, knives? Seriously?"

"Yeah, someone could get their face sliced open, and they don't seem to care."

"Ew, I don't want to think about that." She shudders, "I guess I should get back to throwing. Brace yourself."