4: Making Friends, Making Enemies

Virgo's POV

I've never been one for snooping around.

Okay, that's a lie, but I swear I'm changing my ways. Or at least I'm trying to. Snooping is how I got into this whole mess, anyway. If it wasn't for that one day I eavesdropped on my parents discussing the political mess they call their lives, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have met all these people. But maybe everything happens for a reason.

I pull myself out of bed, rubbing my eyes and slipping on a t-shirt over the pajama pants I had worn to bed. Ugh, I have a headache. Where's the Advil? In the kitchen somewhere, I presume. I guess I should just go look for it.

I go to the kitchen and search through the cabinets for all of the medicine, finding Advil in one of the top cabinets. I take a glass of water and swallow the pill.

My eavesdropping on Libra's phone conversation was really just an accident. Yeah, we may be on completely opposite sides of the living area, but it was unintentional, I swear. But what I heard was pretty juicy.

"That pink-haired bimbo is such a bitch." I hear in Libra's voice.

Leo's the only pink-haired girl here, so she must be the topic of conversation. And it's not like I want to start drama, because I have enough of that back at home, but I feel like Leo deserves to know what was said about her. I have to tell her.

"Leo, Leo, let me in." I whisper urgently, trying to knock quietly enough so that no one else would wake up but loud enough for her to here.

"What is it?" She says when she opens the door. Her hair is still all messed up; I must've just woken her up.

"Can I come in? It's kind of private." I ask.

"Uh, I guess." She moves out of the way to let me in, "What is it?"

"I heard Libra talking bad about you. She said, and I quote, 'That pink-haired bimbo is such a bitch.'" I inform Leo. Her eyebrows furrow and her mouth turns down.

"What did I ever do to her? I thought we were cool."

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Thanks for telling me..." She mumble. I nod and leave the room.

Later in the day, we all go to eat at the table. We just prepared a meal, and are ready to sit down and eat it together for the first time. It serves as kind of a bonding experience.

I thought the whole bonding thing was going well until-

"I have a headache." Leo sighs, "Anyone know where the Advil is?" 

"I don't know where anything is in this house." Scorpio laughs, poking her fork into her food.

"Top cabinet on the left." I say. She goes to get one and returns with it in her hand. She asks if anyone has a glass of water she can take a sip from to help her get it down. 

"Use mine." Cancer slides over her water, "I prefer lemonade, anyway. Aqua, want one, too?" Aqua says yes, and Sagittarius asks for one, as well. As Cancer goes to get the lemonade, Leo takes the pill, which takes her a few attempts.

"Ugh. Swallowing pills is hard." Leo laughs.

"Oh, come on. It's pretty easy. You swallow bits of food bigger than that everyday." Libra laughs, too.